In the ever-changing landscape of Disney Springs, there is another new experience on the way in the summer of 2019. NBA Experience — developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in partnership with the NBA — will present guests with “hands-on activities that highlight the action and excitement of professional basketball.”
Along with the new concept art above, Disney provided a list of experiences which will be available in the immersive environment.
- A photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere for a basketball player at the NBA Draft
- The chance to track and improve jumps shots and passing in a replicated NBA Combine challenge (complete with a scouting report of their stats!)
- “Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd”
- Execute “the perfect slam dunk…” with the moment captured by cameras!
- Work with an interactive trainer to test ball-handling skills
- Access a team locker room
- Test knowledge of both the NBA and WNBA past and present in a trivia game
- And more!
Guests will also be able to shop at a retail store which will feature NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.
We’ll keep you posted as the summer 2019 opening of the NBA Experience approaches!
The NBA Experience is just one of MANY new experiences coming to the Disney Parks in the not-so-far-away future! Find out more about all the BIG CHANGES in store for Disney World in our DFB YouTube video!