Hold on to your doombuggies! Things are about to get real REAL up in Disneyland Resort and Disney World!
That’s because tomorrow, Tuesday, October 15th, Disney is re-releasing one of the most highly-coveted limited edition tiki mugs OF. ALL. TIME… The Hatbox Ghost!!!
We first saw the Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug back in 2018 when both Disney World and Disneyland released two unique versions. And now, they’re back with a bit of a different color scheme.
Opposite from last year, this year Disneyland’s Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug will feature Hatbox Ghost’s “head inside his handy hat box.” And Disney World’s mug features an “empty hat box with his head placed safely on his shoulders.”
We can’t believe they’ve been gone for a whole year now and are finally COMING BACK!!! Second chances, people! Of course, if you have any recollection of how quickly these things sold out last year, you’ll want to start figuring out your best Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug snaggin’ game plan RIGHT NOW!!!
And if that wasn’t exciting enough, new this year, guests will be able to pick up a special Hatbox Ghost Ornament and Limited Edition Hatbox Ghost Pin that will be sold at BouTiki at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort beginning at 9 AM ET and Disney’s Fantasia Shop at the Disneyland Hotel beginning at 7 AM PST on October 15th!
So know that you know what’s at stake, it’s time to start formulating your strategy! Here are some important details you’ll need to know to get started!
Here’s How to Get Your Hatbox Ghost in Disney World:
Walt Disney World Resort – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- The Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug will go on sale on October 15th at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto for those guests with a valid wristband.
- Wristbands will be distributed at Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace starting at 9 AM ET on October 15th
- If the Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug doesn’t sell out right away, you can get a wristband starting at 10 AM on the following days, while supplies last.
- A beverage purchase is required. The Grim Grinning Grog here will feature pineapple-mango dark rum, Bermuda black rum, blood orange, lime juice, a trio of tropical juices, and dashes of aromatic bitters (non-alcoholic version upon request). You can read our full review here.
- Trader Sam’s Grotto will open at 1 PM ET on October 15th and will open at 3 PM ET on the following days.
That covers you folks in Florida, but how about Disneyland, the actual place where the Hatbox Ghost resides in the attic of the Haunted Mansion!
Here’s How to Get Your Hatbox Ghost in Disneyland:
Disneyland Resort – The Disneyland Hotel
- The Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug will go on sale on October 15th at the South Lounge of the Disneyland Hotel Convention Center from 7 AM to 7 PM PST (the line will open at 5 AM).
- Complimentary parking at the Downtown Disney District and the Disneyland Hotel will be available up to 20 minutes after the time of purchase with a receipt.
- The mugs will also be available at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar with the purchase of a beverage, featuring the same The Grim Grinning Grog and non-alcoholic version mentioned above.
So if you were super-bummed to miss out on this wonderful piece of Disneyana last year, now’s the time! Good luck in your Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug-claiming endeavors tomorrow!
Will you be braving the crowds to capture a Hatbox Tiki Mug of your very own? Let us know in the comments section!