We’ve miss walking down Main Street and popping into our favorite Disneyland restaurants.
But, even though we’re not in the parks, we can still have one of the classic dishes from the iconic Carnation Café. Whether you’re a fan of dill pickles or bread and butter pickles, you can fry and serve up Disneyland’s Fried Pickle recipe along with a house-made zesty dipping sauce.
But, be warned that these Fried Pickles are so good that you might want to make an extra batch just for yourself! 😉
Zesty House Sauce:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons favorite Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup favorite ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16-ounce jar of dill pickle spears, about 12 pickles (should be uniform in size; cut in half widthwise, if necessary)
For Zesty House Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, whisking well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Using caution, pour oil into large skillet and heat to 365°F.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Whisk eggs until smooth in a small mixing bowl. Transfer to another shallow dish.
- Mix panko and Parmesan cheese together in another shallow dish.
- Lightly dredge each pickle spear in flour.
- Add pickle to whisked eggs, tossing gently to coat.
- Add pickle to bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Place breaded pickles on tray and repeat steps until all pickles are breaded.
- Carefully place breaded pickles in a skillet and fry until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with zesty house sauce.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you ever had Fried Pickles in Disneyland? Let us know in the comments below!