If you want to bring Chef Mickey’s home, then D23 has the perfect recipe for you!
Chef Mickey’s is a classic buffet restaurant located in Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Even though we can’t meet our favorite characters here right now, we still love the atmosphere and food! Now, D23 is bringing you a recipe from Chef Mickey’s to make at home!
The Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes are so delicious and creamy, just like the name! Once you make these for your friends or family, they will probably beg you to make more! Check out the instructions below to try your hand at this phenomenal side dish.
Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes at Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 8 cups peeled and diced Idaho potatoes, approximately 8 large potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot with enough cold water to cover potatoes.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat heavy cream and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat until butter is melted and warm.
- Carefully add the warm cream and butter mixture and the Parmesan cheese to the potatoes, then beat the potatoes with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until blended.
- Add salt and pepper and increase speed to high and beat for another 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
We already want seconds! This dish is perfect for those cooler months coming up and these mashed potatoes are sure to be the comfort food we need. Thanksgiving will be here before we know it, so maybe this could be your new mashed potato recipe for the holidays!
D23 is going to be bringing you more yummy recipes from the vault over the next few weeks so stay tuned for more.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you been to Chef Mickey’s? Will you be trying this recipe out? Let us know in the comments!