runDisney’s Wine and Dine Virtual Race Weekend was just a few weeks ago! The 5k race was themed after The Emperors New Groove! We had a great tutorial to help get you hydrated before the race, and now that it’s over, we have a new recipe to help runners recover!
This recipe features quinoa, a prized grain in the Incan culture, which Kuzco ruled over in The Emperor’s New Groove! Along with quinoa, this recipe also uses Impossible Burger and lots of delicious veggies!
For the Seasoned Impossible Burger
- 12 oz Impossible Burger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Roasted Vegetables
- 2 ears of corn, shucked and cut from the cob
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Garnish
- 2 cups crispy quinoa
- 1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat the oven and an empty baking sheet ti 450 degrees.
- Mix ass seasoning with Impossible Burger until well mixed.
- Over medium/high heat, sear Impossible Burger until golden brown and cooked through.
- Set meat aside.
- For the roasted vegetables, combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Remove the preheated baking sheet from the oven and pour the vegetables on the hot sheet. Use a large spoon or spatula to spread the vegetables evenly across the tray.
- Bake the vegetables for about 15 minutes, or until the color starts to form on the vegetables. Remove the vegetables from the oven and add to the bowl of browned Impossible Birger.
- To make crispy quinoa, spread 2 cups cooked quinoa on a baking sheet ad bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until crispy. Season with salt to taste.
- Add in cilantro, crispy quinoa, lime, and avocado to the bowl of vegetables and Impossible Burger. Toss until well mixed and serve!
This recipe is not only delicious and great for race recovery, but it is also vegan! Keep checking back as we will continue sharing more Disney inspired recipes!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be trying this recipe at home? Let us know in the comments!