Hubba hubba! There are some serious new treats in Epcot right now, kids!
Yep — the long-awaited L’Artisan des Glaces opened this week in the France Pavilion, and it’s surpassed all expectations. With 16 decadent flavors of ice cream and sorbet along with the option of topping them with three liqueurs, it’s a great stop for both grown-ups and kids!
Check out our first look, with photos and information about the new Epcot France ice cream shop; and enjoy some spectacular treats for the eyes with our review of the “ice cream martini!”
Disney Food News
Enjoy this week’s tidbits!
- Sample the Chocolate Raspberry Mickey Tart from The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- The Kona Kone has a new look at Disney World’s Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort!
- The new L’Artisan des Glaces Ice Cream and Sorbet Shop has opened in Epcot’s France. Check out the full menu of flavors and options!
- Indulge in the newest grown-up treat in Disney World’s Epcot — the Ice Cream Martini at L’Artisan des Glaces in France!
- Vote for the seminar to be featured during the Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s 4th Annual Food and Wine Classic in Walt Disney World!
- Stop by Troubadour Tavern when you head to Mickey and the Magical Map in Disneyland Park!
- Check out some awesome new Goofy’s Candy Company Disney Vinylmation!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including South African Winemakers Tour at Jiko, Heinz Natural Ketchup at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Steakhouse 55 Wine and Dine Experience for Disneyland’s Annual Passholders, Sorcerer Mickey Candy Apples at Disneyland candy locations, Be Our Guest Restaurant earns an award, Chef Chris Windus leaving Todd English’s bluezoo, and sushi update at Kona Island Sushi Bar in Disney’s Polynesian Resort.
DFB Reader Finds
The Backlot Express seems to be dispensing some extra magic to guests lately. If you hear Cast Members chanting “magic tray”, they’ll be delivering a free dessert to the lucky guest! DFB reader Jennifer tweeted “ate at the Backlot Express & got the “Magic Tray” & won a free dessert! Lemon Meringue cupcake.” We still don’t know what the “magic tray” is, but we want one!
And while you’re at Backlot Express, we suggest this delicious Angus Onion Straw Cheeseburger sent in by DFB Reader Mandi!
Deal of the Week! Bundle DFB Disney Dining Guides for More Savings
Check out how you can have the best Disney vacation ever…and pay even less!
DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle:
With our popular DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle, you’ll get our:
- DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013 Edition,
- DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks, 2013 Edition
- DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks, 2013 Edition
All for a significant discount! Learn more about the DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle here!
DFB Snack Bundle:
Already have the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining? You can still bundle for savings! Pick up our bundle of two DFB Snack Guides — Magic Kingdom and Epcot — for less.
With the DFB Snack Bundle, you’ll receive the DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book and the DFB Mini-Guide to Epcot Snacks e-Book for one super-discounted price. Purchase the DFB Snack Bundle here!
Did You Purchase a Previous Edition of the DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks?
Read more about our extra discounts for previous purchasers here! For more detailed information and sample pages from The DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks, head over to DFBMiniGuides.com!
On to the Round-Up!
features a classic Mickey Mouse waffle iron! Perfect for Summer Saturday breakfasts!
All About Ami explores popcorn stands at Tokyo Disneyland! (Keep scrolling down when you click over…it’s a LONG post, but you’ll get to the popcorn stands eventually!)
Walt Disney World for Grown Ups enjoys adult slushes in Epcot’s France pavilion.
Yesterland features the original billboards at Paradise Pier in Disney’s California Adventure. Includes Coca-Cola and McDonald’s advertisements!
Theme Park Insider dines at Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom.
disZine features an updated version of the cooking series That’s Fresh on the Disney Channel.
Main Street Gazette features the Grand Floridian Cafe.