The Wild Africa Trek is a three-hour tour of the Safi River Valley — an area of Animal Kingdom park that is typically unseen by guests.
This guided tour offers amazing (and close!) views of many of the animals that call Animal Kingdom home. Giraffes, rhinos, hippos, and crocodiles may all make an appearance on the tour, which combines walking and riding in a safari vehicle, including the crossing of an open bridge.
Enjoy tastes of Africa in an array of small plates from a beautiful vantage point on the savanna after your trek. Though menu items may vary, they may include:
- Chicken curry salad
- Sun-dried tomato hummus and mini pita
- Marinated tandoori shrimp
- Smoked salmon roulade with dill
- Air-dried beef and prosciutto
- Fresh fruit marinated in mint and ginger
A photographer comes along for the tour to capture the moments, and all tour guests receive access to the photos.
Read a review of the Wild Africa Trek here!
Check-in takes place at the Curiosity Animal Tours kiosk just outside of the entrance to Kilimanjaro Safaris.
A three-hour guided tour, with full access to tour photos and a small meal at the end of the tour.
Tours are offered multiple times daily, typically beginning at 8AM through 12:30PM. To see all times offered for your preferred date, visit the Disney World Wild Africa Trek page.
$199.00 – $249.00 (prices vary by date — visit the Disney World Wild Africa Trek page and Check Availability to find the exact price of your tour of interest.)
- Valid Admission into Animal Kingdom Park is required, but not included; A Disney Park Pass Reservation for Animal Kingdom on the same date is also required.
- Due to the physical nature of the trek, Disney provides the following guideline: “For your safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure; heart, back or neck problems; motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not participate.” Additionally, “Participants must be between 45 and 300 lbs. with the harness gear on. The safety harnesses used for this experience may prohibit Guests of certain body shapes or sizes from participating.”
- Guests must be at least 8 years of age, and all guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The walking portion of the tour includes a walk over small hills, foliage, and an unsteady rope bridge. Therefore, closed-toe shoes with a back strap or hiking boots are required.
- Complimentary lockers are provided for personal belongings. Cameras are allowed IF they can be securely fastened to the provided safety vest.
- The trek takes place in rain or shine (with the exception of severe weather or lightning).
- Cancellation must be made at least 2 days before your tour to avoid forfeiting the entire price of the trek.
- Disney World Annual Passholders, Disney Chase Visa cardholders, and Disney Vacation Club members may be eligible for a discount.
Click Here to Book Online; Interested guests may also check for availability in the My Disney Experience app.
NOTE: Prices and inclusions are subject to change. Please visit the Disney World Wild Africa Trek Page to confirm information prior to booking.