The Wild Africa Trek is a three-hour tour of the Safi River Valley — an area of Animal Kingdom Park that is typically unseen by guests.
This guided tour offers amazing (and close!) views of many of the animals that call Animal Kingdom home. Giraffes, rhinos, hippos, and crocodiles may all make an appearance on the tour, which combines walking and riding in a safari vehicle, including the crossing of an open bridge.
Enjoy tastes of Africa in an array of small plates from a beautiful vantage point on the savanna after your trek.
A photographer comes along for the tour to capture the moments, and all tour guests receive access to the photos.
Please Note: This experience is currently unavailable during the phased reopening of Walt Disney World. We are keeping the regular information below for your future planning reference.
Check-in takes place at the Wild Africa Trek desk located by Tusker House Restaurant in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
A three-hour guided tour, with full access to tour photos and a small meal at the end of the tour.
Tours are offered multiple times daily, typically beginning at 8:00 am through 12:30 pm. To see all times offered for your preferred date, visit the Disney World Wild Africa Trek page.
$189.00 – $249.00. Contact (407) WDW-TOUR for the exact price of your tour of interest.
- Admission into Animal Kingdom Park is not included.
- Due to the physical nature of the trek, Disney provides the following guideline: “For your safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure; heart, back or neck problems; motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not participate.” Additionally, “Participants must be between 45 and 300 lbs. with the harness gear on. The safety harnesses used for this experience may prohibit Guests of certain body shapes or sizes from participating.”
- Guests must be at least 8 years of age, and all guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The walking portion of the tour includes a walk over small hills, foliage, and an unsteady rope bridge. Therefore, closed-toe shoes with a back strap or hiking boots are required.
- Complimentary lockers are provided for personal belongings. Cameras are allowed IF they can be securely fastened to the provided safety vest.
- The trek takes place in rain or shine (with the exception of severe weather or lightning).
- Cancellation must be made at least 2 days before your tour to avoid forfeiting the entire price of the trek.
Call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687
NOTE: Prices and inclusions are subject to change. Please visit the Disney World Wild Africa Trek Page to confirm information prior to booking.