When you think “Disney,” you probably think of a beautiful Castle in the middle of a world class theme park. If so, that’s certainly not a bad thing! (In fact, we hear you!) Many families make Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort their vacation destination year after year.
But did you know that the Disney Vacation Club offers Members the chance to enjoy Disney destinations far beyond the theme parks, including — and even beyond — Disney Cruise Line?
Whether you have one preferred Disney Destination like Walt Disney World Resort that is the perfect fit for your family, or you’d like to explore the whole world beyond the World, Disney Vacation Club — commonly referred to as DVC — offers members the opportunity to lock in their “future vacations at today’s purchase price.”
Many guests think of the DVC as Disney’s version of a timeshare. But uniquely, Members are not “locked in” to a particular Disney destination, Resort, style of accommodation, season of travel, or length of stay. Rather, Members utilize a Vacation Points system, offering more flexibility.
As they say to Disney Vacation Club Members around Walt Disney World Resort… “Welcome Home!”
Disney Vacation Club Membership
Disney Vacation Club Members receive a yearly allotment of Vacation Points based off of “the size of the real estate interest” of their “Home” Disney Vacation Club Resort. Members may then use their Vacation Points to book their vacations!
In fact, Members are permitted to “bank” Vacation Points, which means you can bank any unused points from the current year towards next year’s vacation, or “borrow” from the coming year to put towards this year’s vacation.
A DVC Membership offers the following:*
- As Disney shares, Members can “Vacation when, where and how often you want!”
- Members stay at Disney Vacation Club accommodations in Disney destinations.
- Members enjoy additional access to vacation destinations around the globe as part of the World Collection.
- Members can take advantage of savings on things like theme park admission, special event tickets, Disney dining, and parks merchandise, as well as invitations to special Member-only events, such as Disney Vacation Club Fireworks Cruises and Moonlight Magic!
*Interested guests can find the current starting price on disneyvacationclub.com, and may also call (800) 500-3990 to receive a quote. Note that Closing Costs and Annual Dues apply for Membership.
Disney Vacation Club Home Resorts
While DVC Members may use their Points at a large number of Disney Resorts and destinations, the Disney Vacation Club Home Resorts include the following:
Walt Disney World Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Rivera Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort (Additionally, Grand Floridian’s Big Pine Key building was recently transformed into 200 Resort Studios, which opened on June 20, 2022. You can take a Photo Tour of the new DVC Studios here!)
Disney Vacation Club has also announced that new villas will be coming to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
They are projected to open in late 2024 and are “inspired by the early concepts for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort,” according to Disney.
Also slated to open in 2024, Disney Vacation Club announced a plan to redesign the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The proposal calls for more than 350 refreshed cabins to replace the existing cabins at the resort.
So far, the concept art shows modern cabins “inspired by the resort’s idyllic setting, while also paying homage to the resort’s unique culture and heritage through the magic of Disney storytelling,” per Disney. The cabins will sleep up to six adults and feature a bedroom, bathroom, living room, full kitchen, and private patio. Disney noted that a select number of cabins will be dog-friendly.
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Discovery Tower: The Villas at Disneyland Hotel
A NEW 12-story tower next to the Disneyland Hotel opened for DVC members on September 28, 2023. Discovery Tower is an L-shaped tower with 350 timeshare villas.
Guests also have access to a community hall, and fitness center.
The tower offers duo studios, deluxe studios, and 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom villas. Each room is themed to a Disney film, with themes including The Jungle Book, The Princess and the Frog, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, and Bambi.
Sales of The Villas at Disneyland Hotel are open to the general public.
DVC members can book reservations by contacting Member Services at (800) 800-9800, and you can find point requirements by clicking here. Disneyland Resort Magic Key holders can make reservations by calling (714) 956-6425. Bookings are also open to the general public, and you can reserve your spot by calling (714) 956-6425.
- Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
Vero Beach, Florida
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
Disney Vacation Club Villas
Members can feel at home-away-from-home in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas (or unique and roomy Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge or Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort).
Villas feature a living room and fully equipped kitchen, private bedrooms, a washer and dryer, and more.
Deluxe Studios can sleep up to 4 or 5 guests and offer a kitchenette.
Disney Vacation Club Exclusive Lounges
Walt Disney World — Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney Vacation Club members also have access to an exclusive lounge in Disney World: Top of the World, which is located at the top of Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (making it a PRIME spot for viewing the Magic Kingdom fireworks).
But you should be warned. Top of the World was recently taken over by Disney Villains…
And it is now known as Top of the World: A Villains Lair!
Walt Disney World — EPCOT
Looking for a quiet spot to take a break during a busy day in EPCOT? If you’re a member of Disney’s Vacation Club, you have access to an exclusive lounge housed inside one of EPCOT’s iconic attractions. Members visiting EPCOT can head into the Imagination! Pavilion and relax in the lounge. The lounge includes comfy seats, complimentary soft drinks, Wi-Fi, charging stations, a printer, and more.
Wondering where this lounge is exactly? It’s on the second floor of the ImageWorks merchandise location that you go through after riding Journey Into Imagination With Figment. The lounge is currently open from 11AM to 6PM daily.
Disneyland Park — Tomorrowland
An exclusive DVC Lounge is NOW OPEN in Disneyland park: the Disney Vacation Club Star View Station!
Members will find it on the second floor of the Star Wars: Launch Bay building in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.
New murals within the lounge were designed by Disney Legends like Mary Blair, John Hench, and Herbert Ryman. Here, members will find a “dedicated Disney Vacation Club Member Services team,” free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and complimentary beverages.
Disney Dining Plan in Walt Disney World
Disney Vacation Club Members may participate in the Disney Dining Plan at Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Vacation Club — Disney Collection
Disney Vacation Club Members may choose to vacation at Disney destinations around the world (and even at sea) with the Disney Collection.
These Disney destinations and vacations include:
- Walt Disney World Resort
- Disneyland Resort
- Aulani — A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai’i
- Disneyland Paris
- Tokyo Disney Resort
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort in South Carolina
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort in Florida
- Disney Cruise Line vacations
- Adventures By Disney vacations
Disney Vacation Club — World Collection
Travel the world with Disney Vacation Club! The World Collection features destinations literally around the globe in North America, Europe, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Australia, and the South Pacific.
The World Collection destinations offer accommodations through Interval International as the exclusive exchange provider. (Please note that any confirmed reservations or points that have already been deposited to RCI® — the provider prior to January 1, 2022 — will be honored through 2023.)
Virtual Tours or Onsite Open House
Interested in learning more about Disney Vacation Club? There are a few ways to do that!
Interested guests can explore the following options:
- Visit a Preview Center and enjoy a tour in Walt Disney World. Schedule ahead of time by calling (888) 238-0001, or stop by one of the Disney Vacation Club Sales Centers in the Disney World theme parks (as seen above in Disney’s Hollywood Studios).
- Schedule a Virtual Tour to participate from home by calling (800) 500-3990 or visiting disneyvacationclub.com. (You can even sign up to view special videos about DVC on your smartphone or attend a webinar to learn more.)
Current Special Events and Offers for Disney Vacation Club Members
- DVC Members can save $10 per ticket to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, valid for select nights, as listed below. To receive the discounted rates, DVC Members must be logged into the Disney World website so their memberships are recognized.
- November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 26, 28, 30
- December: 1, 3, 5, 7
- Disney Vacation Club Members can save $10 per ticket to Disney Jollywood Nights. To receive the discounted rates, DVC Members must be logged into the Disney World website so their memberships are recognized.
- Disney Vacation Club Hoop Dee Holidays will allow DVC members to celebrate the holidays in true pioneer fashion at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. The Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue dinner show will have additional holiday touches to match the season, and attendees will also get a Member-exclusive pre-show and a special keepsake to remember the evening. There are only TWO nights scheduled for the experience — November 28th and December 12th. There are two shows each night, one at 4PM and the other at 6:15PM. To book your reservation, Members can call Member Services at 800-800-9800. Find complete details here!
- A NEW Moonlight Magic event has been scheduled for December 13th in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. During the event, DVC members can visit Animal Kingdom after it has closed to the public. There will be special activities, entertainment, complimentary food, and more, as well as shorter lines for attractions. Early registration opened on November 28th for DVC members with existing resort reservations at Disney World or Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. General Registration for eligible DVC members opens on December 5th, pending availability.
- Moonlight Magic is returning for DVC members in 2024! This after-hours event is held on select dates throughout the year and is FREE for DVC members to attend. There will be Moonlight Magic Events in Disney World and Disneyland theme parks next year, along with Typhoon Lagoon Water Park as follows:
- EPCOT: January 25th and March 1st
- Disney California Adventure: January 29th
- Hollywood Studios: August 27th
- Animal Kingdom: February 27th and April 23rd
- Typhoon Lagoon: June 4th and July 11th
- Disney Cruise Line has announced two DVC-exclusive cruises in 2024! One is a DVC members-only 7-night cruise in Europe on the Disney Dream that will depart on May 18, 2024 from Barcelona, Spain, with stops in Italy (including Rome and Naples) and France. The second is a voyage to Lighthouse Point, Disney Cruise Line’s newest private island. This 5-day cruise will take DVC members to the Bahamas, with a stop at Lighthouse Point AND Castaway Cay, Disney’s other private island in the Bahamas departing on June 14, 2024.
- DVC Members can be among the first to set sail aboard to newest cruise ship, the Disney Treasure. The 2025 Member-Exclusive Voyage will happen January 4th-11th. Members will depart from Port Canaveral and sail to Tortola, Saint Thomas, and Castaway Cay. You can see the full itinerary and find booking information and more details here. (This voyage is not a Member Cruise but is part of the Disney Collection exchange and also part of Disney Vacation Club “First Wave” Member Experiences, allowing Members to be among the first to sail on the Disney Treasure.)
- The Wicked Wind Down is a food-and-fireworks combo event held at the Top of the World Lounge (which is exclusive to Disney Vacation Club Members). For $55 (tax and gratuity are not included), guests can select a cocktail and appetizer from the lounge’s Villains-themed menu, then enjoy the Happily Ever After fireworks show from a specially reserved area of the rooftop terrace. Your purchase of Wicked Wind Down also includes a “sinfully sweet treat.” DVC Members can call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to book this experience. Reservations are available for select dates (Fridays are excluded) within a 60-day rolling calendar.
- An exclusive dessert party at Top of the World Lounge is available for DVC members to book for Friday nights. The Enchantment at the Top Dessert Party features a buffet of sweet treats, alcoholic beverages, exclusive lounge access, and reserved fireworks viewing of Happily Ever After. The cost is $89.00 per adult and $49.00 per child, plus tax. To make reservations (which may be made up to 60 days in advance), DVC members should call 800-800-9800.
Disney Vacation Club Member Assistance
Already a Disney Vacation Club Member? The phone number for Member assistance is (800) 800-9800.
If you are currently considering purchasing a Disney Vacation Club membership, we discuss point cost, additional fees, and more items to consider here.
Disney Vacation Club News
Click on any of the links below for the latest DVC news!
Disney Food Blog Posts Mentioning Disney Vacation Club
Check out our DFB YouTube Video to learn about Disney destinations beyond Walt Disney World!