When you think “Disney,” you probably think of a beautiful Castle in the middle of a world class theme park. If so, that’s certainly not a bad thing! (In fact, we hear you!) Many families make Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort their vacation destination year after year.
But did you know that the Disney Vacation Club offers Members the chance to enjoy Disney destinations far beyond the theme parks, including — and even beyond — Disney Cruise Line?
Whether you have one preferred Disney Destination like Walt Disney World Resort that is the perfect fit for your family, or you’d like to explore the whole world beyond the World, Disney Vacation Club — commonly referred to as DVC — offers members the opportunity to lock in their “future vacations at today’s purchase price.”
Many guests think of the DVC as Disney’s version of a timeshare. But uniquely, Members are not “locked in” to a particular Disney destination, Resort, style of accommodation, season of travel, or length of stay. Rather, Members utilize a Vacation Points system, offering more flexibility.
As they say to Disney Vacation Club Members around Walt Disney World Resort… “Welcome Home!”
Disney Vacation Club Membership
Disney Vacation Club Members receive a yearly allotment of Vacation Points based off of “the size of the real estate interest” of their “Home” Disney Vacation Club Resort. Members may then use their Vacation Points to book their vacations!
In fact, Members are permitted to “bank” Vacation Points, which means you can bank any unused points from the current year towards next year’s vacation, or “borrow” from the coming year to put towards this year’s vacation.
A DVC Membership offers the following:*
- As Disney shares, Members can “Vacation when, where and how often you want!”
- Members stay at Disney Vacation Club accommodations in Disney destinations.
- Members enjoy additional access to vacation destinations around the globe as part of the World Collection.
- Members can take advantage of savings on things like theme park admission, special event tickets, Disney dining, and parks merchandise, as well as invitations to special Member-only events, such as Disney Vacation Club Fireworks Cruises and Moonlight Magic!
*Interested guests can find the current starting price on disneyvacationclub.com, and may also call (800) 500-3990 to receive a quote. Note that Closing Costs and Annual Dues apply for Membership.
Disney Vacation Club Home Resorts
While DVC Members may use their Points at a large number of Disney Resorts and destinations, the Disney Vacation Club Home Resorts include the following:
Walt Disney World Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Rivera Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort (Additionally, Grand Floridian’s Big Pine Key building was recently transformed into 200 Resort Studios, which opened on June 20, 2022. You can take a Photo Tour of the new DVC Studios here!)
Disney Vacation Club has also announced that new villas will be coming to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
They are projected to open in late 2024 and are “inspired by the early concepts for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort,” according to Disney.
Disney Vacation Club members also have access to an exclusive lounge in Disney World: Top of the World, which is located at the top of Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (making it a PRIME spot for viewing the Magic Kingdom fireworks).
But you should be warned…
Top of the World was recently taken over by Disney Villains…
And it is now known as Top of the World: A Villains Lair!
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
Disneyland is also building a 12-story tower next to the Disneyland Hotel for DVC members. The Villas at Disneyland Hotel will be an L-shaped tower with 350 time share villas.
The addition will include a new pool, outdoor bar, interactive play area, community hall, and fitness center.
An exclusive DVC Lounge is on the way to Disneyland, too! Look for Disney Vacation Club Star View Station to open in the first half of 2023!
Members will find it on the second floor of the Star Wars: Launch Bay building in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park. Stay tuned for opening news!
- Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
Vero Beach, Florida
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
Disney Vacation Club Villas
Members can feel at home-away-from-home in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas (or unique and roomy Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge or Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort).
Villas feature a living room and fully-equipped kitchen, private bedrooms, a washer and dryer, and more.
Deluxe Studios can sleep up to 4 or 5 guests, and offer a kitchenette.
Disney Vacation Club — Disney Collection
Disney Vacation Club Members may choose to vacation at Disney destinations around the world (and even at sea) with the Disney Collection.
These Disney destinations and vacations include:
- Walt Disney World Resort
- Disneyland Resort
- Aulani — A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai’i
- Disneyland Paris
- Tokyo Disney Resort
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort in South Carolina
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort in Florida
- Disney Cruise Line vacations — Find out about the 2023 DVC Member Exclusive Disney Cruise HERE! And see how many points it takes to sail on the newest Disney Cruise Line ship — the Disney Wish — here.
- Adventures By Disney vacations
Disney Vacation Club — World Collection
Travel the world with Disney Vacation Club! The World Collection features destinations literally around the globe in North America, Europe, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Australia, and the South Pacific.
The World Collection destinations offer accommodations through Interval International as the exclusive exchange provider. (Please note that any confirmed reservations or points that have already been deposited to RCI® — the provider prior to January 1, 2022 — will be honored through 2023.)
Disney Dining Plan in Walt Disney World
Disney Vacation Club Members may participate in the Disney Dining Plan at Walt Disney World Resort.
Virtual Tours or Onsite Open House
Interested in learning more about Disney Vacation Club? There are a few ways to do that!
Interested guests can explore the following options:
- Visit a Preview Center and enjoy a tour in Walt Disney World. Schedule ahead of time by calling (888) 238-0001, or stop by one of the Disney Vacation Club Sales Centers in the Disney World theme parks (as seen above in Disney’s Hollywood Studios).
- Schedule a Virtual Tour to participate from home by calling (800) 500-3990 or visiting disneyvacationclub.com. (You can order a FREE DVD on the site, too!)
Current Special Offers for Purchasing a Disney Vacation Club Membership
- You can save $5,800 or MORE on a Disney Vacation Club membership with the Wonderful Winter Offer. The offer applies when you become a member at select Disney resorts and is valid through January 18th, 2023. But, if you act by December 3rd, 2022, you’ll save more money. This is because the price per Vacation Point will be increasing on December 4th (from $207 to $217). You can find more details for this limited-time offer HERE.
Current Special Offers for Disney Vacation Club Members
- Disney Vacation Club Members can save $10 per ticket to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, valid for select event nights.
- The Wicked Wind Down is a food-and-fireworks combo event held at the Top of the World Lounge (which is exclusive to Disney Vacation Club Members). For $55 (tax and gratuity are not included), guests can select a cocktail and appetizer from the lounge’s Villains-themed menu, then enjoy the Disney Enchantment fireworks show from a specially reserved area of the rooftop terrace. Your purchase of Wicked Wind Down also includes a “sinfully sweet treat.” DVC Members can call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to book this experience. Reservations are available for select dates (Fridays are excluded) within a 60-day rolling calendar.
- A new dessert party at Top of the World Lounge is now available for DVC members to book for Friday nights. The Enchantment at the Top Dessert Party features a buffet of sweet treats, alcoholic beverages, exclusive lounge access, and reserved fireworks viewing of Disney Enchantment. The cost is $89.00 per adult and $49.00 per child, plus tax. To make reservations (which may be made up to 60 days in advance), DVC members should call 800-800-9800.
Disney Vacation Club Member Assistance
Already a Disney Vacation Club Member? The phone number for Member assistance is (800) 800-9800.
Disney Vacation Club News
Click on any of the links below for the latest DVC news!
Disney Food Blog Posts Mentioning Disney Vacation Club
Check out our DFB YouTube Video to learn about Disney destinations beyond Walt Disney World!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!