New Breads and Desserts Will Debut on the California Grill Menu in Disney World

While we anxiously await the California Grill re-opening at the Contemporary Resort in Walt Disney World (which is looking like late August or early September!), we can’t help but tempt your taste buds with some new menu items!

The NEW California Grill!

For starters, two new breads have been created including a whole-grain sourdough roll and a lavender-infused focaccia.

And there’s more! Pastry Chef Jeff Barnes has created new desserts with a playful theme. “You’re going to see a big change with some new concepts,” says Chef Jeff. “This is our chance to create a new menu with a fresh infusion of California, and it’s coming together nicely.”

Artful dessert presentations include a Sundae Sampler featuring a trio with a Coke float, strawberry sundae, and caramel corn sundae.

Sundae Sampler!

Or you might want to samplethe chocolate pudding cake, Meyer lemon cheesecake, or banana fritters.

Chocolate Pudding Cake.

Meyer Lemon Meringue Cheesecake.

Banana Fritters.

We’ll let our readers know as soon as we hear any more news about California Grill’s re-opening!

Which new item will you order at your next California Grill dinner? Let us know in the comments below!

1. Leslie says

Oh my gosh those desserts are so cute! I’d be tempted to try them all, but I don’t think I could pass up that trio with adorable coke float.

Leslie — I’m torn between the lemon cheese cake and the trio! Maybe I’ll have to get both!

3. Tricia says

Lemon and Banana Fritters… Argh such choices………. Really hoping for Sept 12th.

4. Laura says

the Sundae sampler looks amazing! But, what I’m really excited for is to actually be able to make an ADR for December!….been checking everyday (annoying but worth it to get an adr at my fav disney restaurant)

AJ, once Cali Grill reopens it would be awesome to hear a podcast dedicated to the new menu :) (love those podcasts!)

5. Anna says

I hope they keep that adorable sushi dessert sampler from the children’s menu. The chef uses Rice Krispy Treats, Swedish Fish, fruit leathers and chocolate dipping sauce for this very special dish. My daughter loves it.

6. Nicole says

I’ll take a Sundae Sampler and a Chocolate Pudding Cake, please! These all look fantastic. We haven’t been to CG since long before the renovations got underway, so we’re looking forward to trying it out on a future trip. And these will be the perfect cherry on top :)

7. Corrie says

Marcos, ADR is an Advanced Dinning Reservation, pretty much the only way to get into some popular Disney dinning locations.

8. Marie-Eve L. says

Any idea if the Lounge is going to be back and if food will get served there? We’re totally booked for our next trip but we still have room for a drink and tapas! (Or dessert!)

9. clareyfairymouse says

Oh my god!
    They look amazing!!!
    The sampler and the lemon meringue cheesecake look yummy!

10. Sara says

My daughter is already vying for resies at our next trip to get the sundae trio and some sushi too!

11. Cecilia says

Everything looks great. Can’t wait to make my reservation for December.

What are the chefs doing for us Gluten-free types? There are wonderful ideas for ‘breads’ and desserts that do not need to include gluten and are not ice cream, brownies or cookies.

12. Lucy says

The chocolate pudding cake and the Lemon Merengue are my top choices, they look very yummy.