Photo Tour: The 2014 Grand Floridian Resort Easter Egg Display in Walt Disney World

Upon entering Disney World’s Grand Floridian Resort, you’ll find something that may distract you from the sights of the lobby, as stunning as it is. From now through April 22, you can enjoy the Third Annual Easter Egg Display!

2014 Grand Floridian Easter Eggs

2014 Grand Floridian Easter Eggs

And it’s certainly something to see, because these aren’t just any Easter Eggs… these are 9-12 pound chocolate Easter Eggs created and crafted by Disney Chefs!

For those who may not be able to catch this display in person, we thought we’d bring it to you :) .

History of the Display -- click to enlarge

History of the Display — click to enlarge

As the sign states, the Grand Floridian Easter Egg tradition has held for 18 years; however, the eggs could previously be seen only in the Resort’s restaurants. But now, for the third year in a row, they are on display in the lobby for everyone to enjoy. It’s definitely a treat to see what the Bakery Team comes up with!

Decorative Easter Egg

Decorative Easter Egg

As you look at these creations, it’s fun to note that every egg is decorated with “edible products such as  modeling chocolate, fondant, sugar floral, royal icing, colored cocoa butter and sculpted sugar art pieces.”
Yep — it’s all edible!

Butterfly Garden Egg

Butterfly Garden Egg

Butterfly Garden Egg

Butterfly Garden Egg

Chefs are given a blank “canvas,” along with the freedom to bring to life whatever vision they wish. So, you’ll see that the decorated eggs range from classic Easter themes

Decorative Easter Egg

Decorative Easter Egg

Decorative Easter Egg

Decorative Easter Egg

2014 Grand Floridian Easter Eggs Bouquet

Spring Bouquet Egg

… to the truly unexpected!

Marble Chocolate creation

Marble Chocolate Steampunk creation

Marble Chocolate creation

Marble Chocolate Steampunk creation

Gnome Mushroom Home

Gnome Mushroom Home

Marble Chocolate creation

Marble Chocolate creation

Paradise Egg Shell

Paradise Egg Shell

Puppy Egg!!!

Puppy Egg!!!

Back of Puppy Egg!!!

Back of Puppy Egg!!!

Several eggs pay homage to beloved Disney films.

"Frozen" Egg

“Pocahontas” Egg

The Little Mermaid was honored with two eggs this year:

"The Little Mermaid" Egg

“The Little Mermaid” Egg

"The Little Mermaid" Egg

“The Little Mermaid” Egg

The Lady and the Tramp egg might be my favorite … notice that the egg sits in the film’s iconic bowl of spaghetti!

"Lady and the Tramp" Egg

“Lady and the Tramp” Egg

Back of "Lady and the Tramp" Egg

Back of “Lady and the Tramp” Egg

Some of the details are not only intricate, they’re also humorous. This street of Bunny Homes lists Brer, Peter, Oswald, Thumper, and Foo Foo among its residents :).

Bunny Street

Bunny Street Egg

"Welcome to Foo Foo's"

“Welcome to Foo Foo’s” (Back of Egg)

And this Disney Bound bird and his soon-to-be-hatched sibling is all set for his first trip outside the nest… complete with MagicBands (on the bottom left) and Disney Maps!

Birds Nest Egg

Birds Nest Egg

Disney Bound!

Disney Bound!

Here’s wishing everyone a Happy Spring from the Grand Floridian!

Chocolate Bunny

Chocolate Bunny

We can’t wait to hear what you think about this little artistic Easter Egg tour! Let us know your thoughts!

Which egg do you wish you were getting on Easter morning? Let us know in the comments below!

1. Amanda says:

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

2. Colette says:

They look fantastic! The detail is amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

3. Tricia says:

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Thou I do wonder what the front of the Brave Egg looks like.

4. Wendy says:

Wow! These are incredible. Makes me want to make a spring trip to see them in person sometime!

5. Wendy says:

Happy Spring, everyone! Glad you can enjoy the display this way :).

Trisha, I know what you mean… I was pretty bummed I didn’t have good luck getting a shot of the front of the “Brave” egg, and I’m sorry about that (it has Merida and her bow and arrow). As it turned out, the shelf next to the back of the egg obstructed my photos from one side, and the egg next to it obstructed my shots from the other. It was kind of funny — I tried to lean over the rope as far as I could without looking I was trying to take a bite out of the eggs… not to say I wasn’t tempted ;).

6. Sylvia says:

You did a beautiful job capturing this awesome display! DFB is on my radar every morning to see the best of the best and all things Disney! Excited to be able to see this creation in 9 days :) thanks!!!

7. Deena says:

Simply amazing! It is so great that they have chosen to share such wonderful talent with all who pass through the GF lobby. Happy Easter indeed!

8. Joni says:

Very Pretty, Wonder what they do with them when Easter is over. I bet by them they wouldn’t taste too good but I bet they could make some nice $ by auctioning them off. Or make some little ones extremely happy.

9. Angie Vitale says:

They are beautiful! Thank you.

10. Randi says:

Sometimes it still amazes me how people can be so talented at making food into art. I got to say, though, out of all the eggs pictured, the only one that actually made me say “wow” was the steampunk egg! That thing looks so darn cool!

11. Cheri says:

I love these Easter Eggs. I wish so much Disney would decorate for Easter again it was so beautiful. I liked it even more than Christmas.

12. Eileen says:

I know that the Lady and the Tramp egg is my favorite. I love everything Lady and the Tramp. Also, I like the Little Mermaid egg also.

13. Christina says:

THESE EGGS ARE JUST GORGEOUS

14. Francyann says:

They are all beautiful. It took so much talent and a lot of labor to make these. So glad you shared them with us since we can’t be there in person!

15. Sora says:

Fantastic!!! I love them all!!! the Disney ones have beautiful colors and detail!! But Also as an artist I just have to critique one….and that’s the 2nd Little Mermaid one. Ariel is my favorite, but her anatomy on this piece, OUCH!!!lol

16. Beth says:

Really enjoyed looking at these! It’s amazing what talented people can do with chocolate: I can just eat it!

17. Chip DiComo says:

So i guessed i can’t order a lady and the trap egg than…. Would love too!

18. I would love the butterfly garden egg. They are all so beautiful and breath taking. I truly love them all. I am partial to butterflies but I love everything Disney.

19. Trish Hom says:

OMG, what an utterly gorgeous display. I just love everything about Disney. The Grand Floridian is such a wonderful to showcase wonderful displays. By far this Easter, Disney went all out. Yay for Disney.

20. Charline says:

All the eggs are gorgeous, but my favorite is “Frozen”. What a treat that would be!!!

21. Emily Cook says:

I know what I will be doing now this week on hubby’s day off

22. CJ says:

These eggs are exquisite and phenomenal; art made out of sugar. I can’t really pick a favorite but my 3 favorite are: Arial egg, Frozen egg, and ornate white laced and floral egg. Thank you for the incredible pictures but I bet they look so much better in person. I wish I lived closer to WDW to check out the various festivities more often. Again, thanks for the pictures.

23. sammy says:

The eggs are gorgeous. I love what they do at Disney. Their work is incredible. My favorite egg is the Frozen egg. It is exquisite. The details are beautiful.

24. Sasha says:

Is it possible to visit the resort as a visitor without staying there?

25. Wendy says:

Hi, Sasha! Yes, guests not staying at the resort can visit, and if you’re at Disney on vacation, you can bus over to the Grand Floridian from any park or Downtown Disney. If you plan to drive, at busier times of the year such as this (spring break), sometimes the resorts have to limit parking to only Resort guests, so I’ve often taken the monorail from the Magic Kingdom to visit the Grand Floridian. Hope that helps!