Dining in Disneyland: Monster U “Style” Burger at Tomorrowland Terrace

Halloween Time at Disneyland is most certainly my favorite time of the year.  The decor, the ride overlays, the merchandise, and the FOOD!

Big Mickey Pumpkin

I always look forward to trying out new holiday offerings, but this one I was a little nervous about because I don’t really have fond memories of eating at Tomorrowland Terrace.

It’s been a really long time since I’ve eaten here and I’m happy to report that I did have a pleasant experience.  In fact, in the near future, we should probably feature a full review of this counter service eatery here on the blog.  I’ll put it on my “to do” list.

For now though, let’s take a look at the Monster U “Style” Burger and Fries meal that they’re featuring through October 31st.

Halloween Time Monster U Style Burger Signage

Halloween Time Monster U Style Burger Signage

The Cheeseburger comes topped with Burger Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, and Grilled Onions.  It’s served with a side of french fries covered in Parmesan Ooze.

Monster U Style Burger with Fries

Monster U Style Burger with Fries

The burger itself was nothing special. It wasn’t amazing, but it definitely wasn’t awful. Really your standard burger with a bit more flavor due to the added grilled onions.

The ingredients were fresh; the lettuce and pickles were crisp, and the tomato was chilled.  The cheese however could have been a bit more melted. The bun was soft and featured oats on top.  I didn’t really notice a distinct flavor coming from the “burger sauce.”  It seemed like your basic Thousand Island type dressing.

Monster U Burger Close Up

Monster U Burger Close Up

The French Fries with Parmesan Ranch Ooze though, they were fabulous! The sauce is a combination of Blue and Green colored Parmesan Ranch Dressing.  If you like to dip your French Fires in Ranch Dressing, you will enjoy the colorful “Ooze.”  Plus… Look at it! It’s so pretty!

French Fries with Parmesan Ranch Ooze

French Fries with Parmesan Ranch Ooze

Overall, I say the Monster U “Style” Burger is worth a try. The price point is fair for the amount of food that you get and the quality is good, too. The French Fries with Ooze are fabulous.  And as an added bonus, Tomorrowland Terrace is a great spot for watching the Jedi Training Academy. So if you time it just right, you get a show with your meal!

Have you tried the Monster U “Style” Burger? What did you think? How about the Ooze? Did you love it?

Heather Sievers is the Disney Food Blog’s Dining in Disneyland columnist. See more of her columns here!

Comments

1. Sheri says

Call me old fashioned but I’m of a school where once you food turns blue and green you just don’t eat it.

2. Essie says

I’m really getting leery of all the food dye the food manufacturers are putting into our foods; that said, I love Monsters, Inc and Monsters, U. and think that this would be a good Halloween treat since I try to avoid dyes otherwise.

3. Angelina says

It brings me back to that whole era of strange colored condiments a couple of years ago…purple ketchup, blue and pink butter (maybe Flora and Merriweather got to them?), etc. Not sure that I could get past it. However I will eat whatever kind of chemically altered icing/frosting you put in front of me so it’s probably all in my head. :)

4. Amy says

Kind of confused how you can see Jedi Training from Tomorrowland Terrence.

And I’m pretty sure I couldn’t eat those fries.. So long ago they had the purple and green ketchup and I couldn’t do that either.

Amy — This is in Disneyland. They have a Jedi Training Academy right next to the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant there.

6. Anna says

I agree with Essie, we should avoid the dyes. My daughter, peaking over my shoulder, however, said she’d love to try the fries.

7. Rosslynn says

Is this seasonal? Do we know how long they will offer it? And wouldn’t it make more sense to offer it at a food area next to the Monsters ride in CAA?

@Diane – I love clever foods! ; )

@Essie & @Anna – I totally see your point, but I do find it interesting that we as a society tend to accept colored frosting on cakes and cookies but when it’s a normal type food item we have issues (ie colored condiments are bizarre!)

@Angelina – I was thinking the same thing. We tend to freak out when it’s a “non dessert” item.

9. Heather Sievers says

@Rosslynn- Yes, it’s seasonal, it’s available through Halloween Time, ending October 31st. As far as serving near Monster’s Inc at DCA, there are no eateries near there that serve burgers. However, I would LOVE to have a Monster’s Inc restaurant near the attraction. That would be amazing. I vote for Harry Hausen’s!