Florida Fresh: 2013 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
The Sunshine State is represented at the Festival near the Mexico side of the World Showcase Promenade. Florida Fresh is getting great reviews, especially for its Watermelon Salad!
** Try It Items.
- Watermelon Salad with pickled Red Onions, Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction**
- Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro
- Angel Food Cake with macerated Florida Berries**
- Florida Orange Groves, Hot Sun, Tomato Wine
- Florida Orange Groves, 40 Karat, Carrot Wine
- Orange Blossom Pilsner
- Strawberry Slush – Non Alcoholic
Except for the alcoholic beverages, all items can be purchased with a Disney Dining Plan snack credit!
Guests are raving about the Watermelon Salad. The fresh ingredients are impressive and we appreciate the hearty portion!
We recommend pairing The Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with the Tomato Wine! The dish includes three big, spicy shrimp with lots of sausage and sauce.
For an awesome springtime dessert, choose the Angel Food Cake. While the compote wasn’t as sweet as we expected, the whipped cream makes up for it!
It’s a bit zippy (with the addition of chiles) making the Tomato Wine quite unique. If you like tomatoes, give it a try. It contains 11% alcohol!
For more information on the booths, check out our 2013 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival MEGA post!