Here’s a list of resources I recommend for those of us who love Disney, Food, or even better both!:
Disney Guide Books
Headed on a Disney trip? Guide books can make your planning and park experience SO much better. Check out a few of our favorites here…
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World — This is our favorite guidebook, but many people also like the official Disney Birnbaum’s Guide which is very good too, just not as detailed. You can’t go wrong with either one. Another favorite? Passporter Guides, which include great hands-on planning tools!
- The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining – We may be a little biased on this one, but we think this one is a must-have. Unsurprisingly we also like the DFB Mini-Guide to Epcot Snacks, DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks and DFB Dining Adventures books.
- Hidden Mickeys – An easy way to add even more fun to your trip — scout out all the cool touches the Imagineers added to the attractions, hotels, restaurants, and more.
- Owner’s Locker — Have your very own storage unit for Disney World with things you’ll need for your next trip. Save money on baggage fees, stop paying for pool toys (and sun screen, and water bottles, and more!) over and over again, and travel without the hassle.
- Walt Disney World Strollers — This website will tell you everything you need to know about visiting Disney World with strollers…and even with toddlers! If you’re looking to rent, we recommend Magic Strollers.
- Garden Grocer — We always stop at a grocery store on the way into the resort so we don’t have to pay Disney prices for water, soda pop (remember, you can’t get Pepsi products on Disney property!), gum (nope! No gum, either!) and other sundries. But wouldn’t it be great if you could just have that stuff delivered right to your door?? You can! Save time, energy, and money by letting Garden Grocer’s grocery delivery service do the work for you!
- Touring Plans — Touring Plans is a service that will help you make plans to hit everything you want to hit in the parks in the most efficient way. You can avoid the frustration of long lines and get in much more fun on the same ticket.
Disney Recipes and Cooking
- Delicious Disney Cookbook — Probably the best cookbook for finding recipes you loved from Disney restaurants. We also love Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs. Of course you should also check our Disney Food Blog recipes section, which even includes “recipes wanted” and “recipes found” sections.
- Disney Store — Where else are you going to get your Mickey Mouse kitchen timer, or other great Disney kitchen gear? Be sure to check the discounted items for great deals on your Disney kitchen accessories!
I’m often asked questions about blogging. This site runs on the WordPress platform, which I highly recommend for beginning bloggers.
I’m also asked about hosting. This site runs on a dedicated server because it has quite a bit of traffic. For those just starting out, I recommend a shared host like BlueHost. I do not recommend hosting your site on WordPress.com or Blogger.com unless you are certain you will never want to move off of them, as it is difficult to extract your data.