Update: This restaurant is now in soft opening! See full Via Napoli menu here.
Thanks to Pam Brandon and the Disney Parks Blog, we now know that Via Napoli will be opening early — next month! — and we have a good idea of the menu for the upcoming Via Napoli in Epcot’s Italy pavilion!
Appetizers will include:
- Sicilian eggplant with olives and raisins
- arancini (fried saffron risotto balls) with meat ragù, mozzarella and pomodoro sauce
- corn-crusted fried calamari
- minestrone with basil pesto
- A shareable plate of arancini, mozzarella, calamari, portobella mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini and carciofi (artichokes) is also available
Main course salads
- Manzo (filet of beef) with greens, red onion, gorgonzola, apple and cucumber with a red wine-mustard vinaigrette
- chopped salad with lemon chicken, greens, cantaloupe, cucumber, red pepper, green beans, onions, almonds and pasta crisps with honey-citrus vinaigrette
- calamari with arugula, carrots and fennel with orange vinaigrette
- candele (long, tube-shaped pasta) with sausage ragù
- linguine with seafood; malfadine (ribbon pasta) with guanciale (unsmoked Italian bacon) and pomodoro sauce
- lasagna verde
The Wood-fired pizzas, which is what Disney is hoping the restaurant is known for, will be made with caputo flour imported from Southern Italy, San Marzano tomatoes, handmade mozzarella, and water from a local spring just like in Italy’s Campania region. The 10-inch, 20-inch or 1/2 meter-sized pies will come in a dozen choices, from a simple pizza Margherita with tomato, mozzarella and basil to carciofi with artichoke, potato, pecorino cheese, prosciutto and cantaloupe.
Also available will be Piatti alla Parmigiana, which are dishes topped with Parmesan and mozzarella gratinée. These will include veal, chicken, and eggplant.
Finally, the desserts! These will include:
- zeppole di ricotta (ricotta cheese-fried dough, whipped cream and chocolate sauce);
- apple cake with almond sorbetti
- vanilla gelato with almond cookies and amarena cherries
The pictures I’ve linked to in this post are what we sampled at Naples in Disneyland, a restaurant also run by The Patina Group. You can see the full review of Naples here.
As always, check out the Disney Parks Blog for further info on Via Napoli.