Ladies and gentlemen, let the romance begin! During two weekends in the month of February, you can escape with your favorite person — or just treat yourself! — to an incredible indulgence of chocolate, wine, and pure luxury.
And because you’ll be within the big purple gates of Walt Disney World, you’ll have easy access to your favorite theme parks, too!
Dates: Feb. 12-13; 19-20
Feb. 12 weekend: Starting at $289
Feb. 19 weekend: Starting at $309
Reservations: 1-800-WALDORF or www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com
Here are just a few of the events you can explore as an overnight guest at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando during their Chocolate, Wine & Romance Weekends…
• Art and Chocolate: A Walking Tour – An opportunity to learn more about the commissioned artwork collection of Waldorf Astoria Orlando, and sample chocolates that have been paired to add inspiration to each painting. [Complimentary to guests]
• Bar du Chocolat: A Chocolate Extravaganza – This phenomenal success from the holiday season is back! Check out all the info on the Bar du Chocolat here.
• Smooth Jazz: Featuring Joseph Billups Duo – Enjoy nightly entertainment in Peacock Alley, where our Smooth Jazz Trio will add spice to the night. [Complimentary to guests]
• The Marriage of Chocolate and Wine: A Seminar – Take a sip of wine first; then take a bite of chocolate and let it melt in your mouth; then take another sip of wine. You’ll notice a totally different taste in the wine, especially with the heavier reds like Cabernet Sauvignon. The chocolate will bring out the best qualities of the wine and diminish any imperfections. They complement one another. Sign up to learn what wines pair the best with chocolate, and which you like best! [Priced at $25 per person]
• For the Love of Wine: A Tasting Experience – A casual wine tasting experience that features the best new wines available this year – our 10 favorite new wines we love! Note: not chocolate related. [Priced at $25 per person]
• Sinful chocolate choices at our restaurants – Including a special chocolate feature at Bull and Bear Steakhouse, and chocolate inclusions at the popular Oscar’s breakfast buffet, including chocolate drizzle crepes and chocolate fondue.
• Chocolate perks at Spa by Guerlain – Pair your spa treatments with chocolate treats (and complimentary champagne!), all weekend at Waldorf Astoria Spa by Guerlain.
For more information on Waldorf Astoria Orlando or the Chocolate, Wine and Romance Weekends, call 1-800-WALDORF or visit us online at www.WaldorfAstoriaOrlando.com.
Since it’s scheduled in February it must be intended to attract an audience in time for Valentine’s day.
The Chocolate breakfast really sounds like the best choice to me, as you can have chocolate FOR BREAKFAST! Who wouldn’t want that?
I don’t know about wine and chocolate. I know some folks have medical problems like migraines and reflux and those are two big culprits. However, beer (the maltier the better ) does go great with chocolate.
Josh — Yep — I think Valentine’s Day is the draw! 🙂 And I agree — chocolate for breakfast is a good thing! I used to love this stuff called “Farmer Croc” chocolate granola when I lived overseas…best breakfast around!
Alan — What kind of beers would you pair with chocolate? Would love some suggestions!
AJ – My taste run to maltier, lower hopped brittish style ales to begin with. This time of year there are a lot of winter warmers on the shelves of decent beer stores. For example Sam Adams winter pack has Old Fezziwig Ale and Holiday Porter. Harpoon Winter Ale, Snow Goose, Snow Cap, Samuel Smith’s Winter Welcome, and Anchor Steam christmas beer are some easier to get beers of this style. Almost any english old style ale or porter would be great. To reference our favorite place on earth; Safari Amber, Smithwicks, Big River’s Octoberfest and spring bock would all be great. Even though these beers are lower hopped than pale ales they have enough bitterness to play against the sweetness of the chocolate.
Since I don’t know how highly hopped beers go with chocolate, I may do some experimenting with these this evening. Any thing for the DFB.