Happy Sunday and happy October! We hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. Now it’s time to sit back and check out the latest in Disney food news.
Are you making plans to attend the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival? You can see pictures of every single dish at the festival right here! And make sure you check out our Best of the Fest so you know what you absolutely must eat at this year’s Festival!
Don’t forget – you can still order our DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival for 30% off the cover price! Just use discount code Countdown at check-out to secure your savings!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We are celebrating the launch of the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2017!
- New dining discounts announced for Annual Passholders in honor of the Magic Kingdom’s 45th anniversary.
- We launched a brand new YouTube Channel!
- You have to try the Salted Oatmeal Cornflake Cookie, Brownie, and Cap’n Crunch Ice Cream Sandwich at Sprinkles.
- Local food trucks in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District this month!
- A new-ish Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party is now available to book at the Magic Kingdom.
- Have you tried these three monster sundaes at Walt Disney World?
- We officially said good-bye to Writer’s Stop at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- ‘The Chew’ had to switch up its taping schedule thanks to Hurricane Matthew!
- Earl of Sandwich announced a new Turkey, Apple, and Brie Sandwich!
- The Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki Mug has arrived at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto!
- We’re talking about a Mocktail Crawl in our newest Tips from the DFB Guide post.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
Tonga Toast is one of those iconic foods at Walt Disney World and we love it! You’ll find it at Kona Cafe and Captain Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. DFB fan Ed Adams says you have to try it with the Strawberry Coulis!
It’s also nice when you can find something good and good for you at a quick service restaurant – like the “create your own” salad at the Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian! DFB fan Tommy says he “highly recommends the create-your-own salad” option!
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
Deal of the Week: 20% Off the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2017 with code SAVE2017!
We’re celebrating the grand launch of the 2017 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining! This valuable resource is fully updated for 2017 Disney vacations, and is now available for purchase and download to help you make the most of your dining plans while in Disney World. To celebrate releasing this guide a full four months earlier than usual (because SO MUCH IS HAPPENING IN DISNEY WORLD RIGHT NOW!!), and to say thank you to all of our loyal DFB readers, we’re offering you a discount code before prices go up in the new year.
Just use code SAVE2017 at checkout!
The 2017 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is chock full of tons of great features to ensure you have your best Disney trip, every time. These include:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
We put tons of time, effort, and research into ensuring that we share with you the most relevant, up to date Disney Food Information that’s available. We do this so that you can plan your own Disney visit with confidence, and have the trip of a lifetime, every time.
We’d love to share our best tips with you! And remember, because the guide is an e-Book, it’s super easy to download it to all of your mobile devices and take it right into the parks with you!
Order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, 2017 Edition, and receive 20% off with code SAVE2017. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get the latest version of our most popular Guide! And don’t forget to check out our Money-Saving Bundles — More Stuff for Less Dough!
On to the Round-Up!
found this must-have Mike Wazowski Toast Cutter!
Walt Disney World for Grownups shared a guest review of Beaches and Cream at Disney’s Beach Club!
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe the Snow Leopard Salvation from Nomad Lounge.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Mickey Breakfast Pizza.
Disney showed us how to make the “Grey Stuff” – it is delicious!
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!