Last week, we shared the news that Disney World’s 2020 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend would be a virtual event.
If you missed your opportunity to sign up for this spook-tacular Villains-themed runDisney event when it had its initial round of registrations, you’re in luck! More spots will be opening soon.
runDisney announced via Twitter that they will be opening “a limited number of additional registration opportunities” at 10:00AM EDT on Thursday, July 30. Registration will be available on runDisney’s website.
Participating in a virtual running event means that you can run the length of the event in your neighborhood, your home or local gym, or anywhere else you like to run! This year’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon will host the following events (along with their villain mascots!):
- Kronk and Yzma from The Emperor’s New Groove | Disney Wine & Dine 5K
- Ursula from The Little Mermaid | Disney Wine & Dine 10K
- The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs | Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
- Oogie Boogie and Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas | Two Course Challenge
- Captain Hook and Smee from Peter Pan | runDisney Kids Races
For those who are already registered, you have the option to transfer your registration to the virtual event, or you may request a full refund.
Click here to learn more about the decision to make this year’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend a virtual runDisney event.
Are you registered for this year’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend? Let us know in the comments!