When it comes to Star Wars, there are A LOT of creatures.
Some are pretty adorable like the porgs, while others are quite scary! And now, you can bring one of the most terrifying Star Wars creatures to your dinner table with the Dianoga Meatballs Recipe!
If you don’t remember what a dianoga is, it’s the slimy, one-eyed space squid that swims around in the Death Star’s Trash Compactor in Star Wars: A New Hope. You can also spot one in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge near the water fountains!
With this new recipe from the official Star Wars website, you can bring this tentacled creature to the dinner table with the Dianoga Meatballs! Here’s how you make it!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 green olives
- 12 thin slices black olives
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Spaghetti and marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl add the beef, pork, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, basil, oregano, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix together well.
- Wrap the meat mixture around an olive, leaving pitted side exposed. Place onto the prepped baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until browned, and cooked through.
- Use a small knife to cut a slit into the green olive. Insert a slice of black olive to create the eye.
- Place the meatballs on skewers.
- Serve with spaghetti and sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
And there you have it! A terrifying (but delicious) Star Wars themed dinner! We love this galactic twist on a classic spaghetti and meatballs. If your family loves Star Wars, this is a super fun recipe to try! As always, we will keep you updated on the latest recipes!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be making the Dianoga Meatballs? Let us know in the comments!