Hello, DFB Friends!
We’ve been busy trying a few new snacks at Disney World, including a peanut butter cannoli, Irish coffee, and morning cocktails! But it’s also been a pretty quiet week around the parks, and we only have a few restaurants to update you on from this past week! So let’s get to it!
Back in December, The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom reopened, but only temporarily. Although it was supposed to close again in early January, it’s still open for breakfast. So yay! And two new canned morning cocktails have just been added to its menu:
- Blue Marble Bloody Mary 200 ml Can – Ultra-premium Vodka, All-natural Tomato Juice, and a dash of Spice for $10
- Blue Marble Mojito 200 ml Can – Ultra-premium Rum, all-natural Lime Juice, and all-natural Mint for $10
Although we’re not sure how long The Mara will remain open for breakfast, it’s good to have that option over at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
There were a LOT of updates to the menu at STK Orlando at Disney Springs this week! The Lounge Menu got an overhaul. The following items were removed:
- Chopped Caesar Salad
- Ceviche Tostada
- Cheddar Grit Croquets
However, these new items were added:
- Crispy Calamari for $8
- Olive Tapenade and Hummus for $5
- Beef Tartare for $7
- Tater Tots for $5
- Jalapeño Pickled Shrimp Cocktail for $8
- Jalapeño-Cheddar Grit Croquettes for $7
- Beef Tartare for $7
- Grilled Chimi Filet for $7
- Tuna Tartare Taco for $8
- Crispy Calamari for $8
The following items were changed on the Brunch Menu:
- Cinnamon Monkey Bread has been replaced with Cinnamon French Toast on brioche with berries, cream cheese icing, and maple syrup for $21
- The Baby Gem Caesar Salad now comes with manchego cheese instead of parmesan, lemon black pepper emulsion, and herb croutons for $20.
- The Blue Iceberg Salad increased in price from $16 to $19
- The Buratta Salad has increased in price from $20 to $23 and now comes with marinated beetroot (rather than roasted), as well as pickled red onions and basil oil crunchy sourdough, instead of shallots and olive oil.
The Raw Bar Menu has seen some price increases:
- Oysters on a Half Shell have increased from $21 to $24 (half dozen), and from $42 to $48 for a dozen
- Alaskan King Crab now comes with dijon, cocktail sauce, and lemon and has increased from $28 to $32
- Bigeye Tuna Tartare with Hass avocado, taro chips, soy-honey emulsion increased from $22 to $26
Other entree changes include the Seafood Platter, which is now called the Shellfish Platter for the Table. This has also increased in price from $23 to 24. The Hot Chicken and Waffle increased from $23 to 24. Here are the price increases on the a la carte part of the menu:
- Filet 10 oz. from $57 to $61
- Filet 6 oz. from $46 to $48
- NY Strip 14 oz. from $54 to $61
- Dry-Aged Delmonico 14 oz. $74 to $78
Here are the changes for the Brunch Entrees:
- Smoked Pork Belly Eggs Benedict has increased in price from $20 to $25.
- Nutella-Stuffed Hawaiian Sweet Bread French Toast is no longer available
- Linz Angus Brunch Burger is no longer available
- Egg White Fritatta has been changed to an Egg White Omelet with roasted pepper relish, caramelized onions, avocado, sauteed spinach, mushrooms, Emmental cheese, and baby greens for $23
- Avocado Toast now includes smashed avocado, cilantro, grilled sourdough bread, poached eggs, jalapeño, extra virgin olive oil, and toasted pumpkin seeds for $24
The Ready to Make Dinner Packages are also now included on the restaurant’s menu. These can serve either 2 or 4 people. The package includes cryo sealed steak filets with rub and a recipe card, STK Bold Sauce, Mac and Cheese, and Asparagus. The 2-person meal is $59.95 and the 4-person meal is $99.95.
The following changes were made to the Sides Menu:
- Sauteed Green Beans is no longer available
- Roasted Cauliflower is no longer
- Tator Tots have been added for $16
- Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes has been added for $16
- Sweet Corn Pudding has been added for $16
- Parmesan Truffle Fries, Jalapeño Cheddar Grits, and Asparagus have increased in price from $15 to $16
But what about Brunch Drinks? Well, we saw some changes there, too:
- Mimosa is now called the Bottoms up Mimosa – all you can drink Mimosas for $30 (must order entree)
- Bottoms Up Bloody Mary – all you can drink Bloody Mary for $30 (must order entree)
But we’re not done yet! Because the Lunch Menu got a makeover, too!
- Burrata Salad is no longer available
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad is no longer available
- Quinoa and Hearts of Palm Salad is no longer available
- Baby Gem Caesar Salad has the same changes as on the Brunch Menu
- Oysters are no longer available
- Alaskan King Crab is now only available as a topping
- Ceviche, Wagyu Meatball, Lobster Club, BLTA, Blackened Bison Burger, Linz Angus Burger, Spiced Tuna Bowl, and STK Salad are also no longer available.
However, the following has been added to the Lunch Menu:
- Maple Rub Ora King Salmon with pickled cherry tomatoes and piquillo broccolini olive dressing for $45
- Free-Range Chicken with butternut squash purée with grilled asparagus and roasted king oyster mushroom for $43
- Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich with bacon, lettuce, tomato, white cheddar, and ranch dressing for $20. You can have it melted, or not!
- Crispy Shrimp Po’ Boy with southern fried shrimp, tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, avocado, and spicy remoulade sauce for $27
- Wagyu Burger & Fries with a 7 oz beef patty, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, special sauce, and fries for $15. You can add grilled onions ($3), avocado ($3.50), egg ($3), and bacon ($3)
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Thigh with honey bbq sauce, coleslaw, and homemade pickles for $19
- STK Frites includes an 8-oz ribeye, fries, and choice of sauce for $29
- Meatball Hot Wrap with red onion, red pepper tapenade, chili flakes, chipotle ketchup, and cheddar cheese for $25
The steaks have seen the same price increase as on the brunch menu, along with the following changes and additions:
- Cowgirl Ribeye has increased in price from $75 to $80.
- Dry-Aged Bone-In Sirloin 18 oz. has been added for $81
- Surf & Turf with 8 oz. Filet & 2 Grilled Prawns has been added for $59.
The sides for the Lunch Menu are the same as the Brunch Menu, with the following additions:
- Bacon for $19
- Lobster for $29
- Mac & Cheese Trio for $39
Finally, the Desserts Menu has added:
- Bag o’ Donuts with cinnamon sugar, dulce de leche, raspberry, and chocolate for $12
- Chocolate Cake for $12
- Apple Pie for $12
- Cheesecake for $12
- Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie for $12
So maybe there were a LOT of changes after all, but just for one restaurant. As always, we’re keeping our eye on all the menu updates, and we’ll let you know what we find! Stay tuned to DFB for next week’s updates!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are there any new menu items you’ve been wanting to try at Disney World? Let us know in the comments!