Fall is finally here and with the changing season comes seasonal drinks.
This drink originates from Jaleo in Disney Spring’s 2021 winter drink menu. Although this drink comes from their winter menu, the color and taste of this drink screams fall to us. You’ll definitely want to give this a try.
Thanks to Winemag.com, we have a recipe for one of Jaleo’s specialty drinks! Learn how to make a Sherry Chamber #1!
For the Beer and Pear Syrup:
- 2 ripe pears
- 3 cups wheat beer
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
For the Cocktail:
- 1 1/2 ounces of amontillado Sherry (this can be substituted for a dry Marsala wine)
- 3/4 ounce of fino Sherry (you can substitute this for white wine, brandy, or dry vermouth)
- 1 ounce Beer and Pear syrup
- 4 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters (this can be substituted for old fashioned bitters)
To make the syrup:
- Cut the pears into pieces and puree in a food processor with 1/4 cup of your wheat beer.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add the rest of the wheat beer, and brown sugar.
- Cook over high heat while stirring to dissolve the sugar for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer into a lidded container and allow it to drip slowly.
To make the cocktail:
- Combine both Sherrys, the Beer and Pear syrup, and Peychaud’s Bitters in a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir to chill, strain into a chilled coupe glass, and enjoy!
With this drink, you’ll get right into the fall (or winter) mindset so be sure to give it a try.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you going to stir up this taste of fall? Give it a try and let us know in the comments!