Macaroni and cheese. Mickey and Minnie. Disney and Churros. Some things just make sense together, you know?
Few Disney snacks are as iconic as the churro — and although it wasn’t created in the parks it has certainly become a staple, inviting flavorful twists and limited-time updates on the classic, crunchy, cinnamon treat. And now, Disney is preparing to celebrate National Churro Day in a BIG way!
As part of Disney’s National Churro Day celebrations taking place on June 6th, fans can vote for which limited-edition churro they want to see in Walt Disney World’s Disney Springs and Disneyland’s Downtown Disney!
The exclusive churros will be available at Sunshine Churros in Disney Springs and California Churro at Downtown Disney, and fans will decide which flavor out of three will be available from June 6th to June 12th.
Here are the flavor options for Sunshine Churros:
- Double Chocolate Churro – Guests ask daily about a chocolate churro, so here we go! This delicious churro is rolled in chocolate sugar coating and drizzled with yummy milk chocolate sauce.
- Golden Dragon Churro – The general manager of Sunshine Churros put his personal touch on this twist of a Blue Ribbon Corn Dog. This churro is rolled in Panko crumbs with a sriracha mayo drizzled over the top.
- Peanut Butter Lovers – Inspired by the California Churro’s Halfway to Halloween offering, this churro is rolled in cinnamon sugar, drizzled with milk chocolate and peanut butter sauce and topped with peanut butter candy pieces.
And, here’s what you might find after the contest ends at California Churro:
- Caramel Apple Churro – Take a popular Disney treat and make it a churro! This yummy churro is rolled in apple sugar and drizzled with caramel sauce.
- Mint Chocolate Churro – A personal favorite when it comes to any dessert. This churro is rolled in chocolate sugar and drizzled with milk chocolate and mint icing.
- Chocolicious Strawberries and Creme Churro – Inspired by a Mexican snack cake (Gansito), this churro is rolled in cinnamon sugar, a drizzle of strawberry topping, milk chocolate, and marshmallow fluff.
Our mouths are watering already! Voting is open now through May 29th, and you can head over to the Disney Parks Blog to vote!
For the latest Disney news and beyond, don’t forget to stay tuned to DFB.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
What’s your favorite Disney snack? Let us know in the comments!