UPDATE: Disney World has planned a phased closure for all the theme parks beginning at 5PM on November 9th. Some hotels will be closed as well — see the details below.
Tropical Storm Nicole — which is currently forecasted to become a Category 1 hurricane before making landfall on Florida’s east coast — is changing plans at Disney World.
In an announcement posted on their website Tuesday morning, Disney World said they are currently operating normally, but that closures starting tomorrow will affect the vacations of some guests.
The following resort areas will be closed Wednesday, November 9th through Friday, November 11th:
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
UPDATE: Disney has adjusted plans for resort closures. Here’s a look at the new plans as of 12PM on November 9th:
- Guests staying at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be required to depart by 3PM today, Nov. 9. Disney is contacting Guests with reservations to help them find alternate accommodations.
- Guests staying at the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort will be required to depart by today, Nov. 9, at 3PM. Disney is contacting Guests with reservations to help them find alternative accommodations.
- At this time, all other Walt Disney World Resort hotels remain open to Guests.
- Character breakfasts at Disney Resort hotels will not include characters tomorrow morning, Nov. 10, so Disney can accommodate more Resort Guests staying at these locations for breakfast.
- The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel voyage that was scheduled to start tomorrow, November 10th, has been canceled. Disney is contacting guests with reservations.
Disney said it is contacting guests with reservations in those areas. Those guests will have the option to reschedule their trip or cancel their stay with no cancellation fees.
In addition, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue performance scheduled for Wednesday, November 9th is also canceled, due to the closure of Fort Wilderness Resort.
Disney says if you had pre-paid reservations for one of the canceled dinner shows, they will automatically be canceled and refunded.
In addition, Disney’s miniature golf courses and the Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed on Thursday, November 10th. Click here for details on those closures.
If you plan to be in Central Florida this week, here is some information on how hurricanes can affect your stay:
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Hurricane Cancelation Policies and Refunds in Disney World
- 6 Items You Need for a Hurricane in Disney World
- 8 DFB Reader Tips for Riding Out a Hurricane in Disney World
Stay tuned to DFB for the latest on storm closures!