First Look! Epcot’s Kabuki Cafe and Menu

8/8/11 UPDATE: The menu has been shortened a bit, we hear. It no longer offers many of the savory food items that we see on the original menu below. We look forward to hearing your feedback as this location adjusts.

Thanks, once again, to Andy Jackson who writes the great Eating (and Drinking) Around WDW for sending along photos of this new addition to the Epcot Japan pavilion! The Cafe isn’t open yet, but the construction walls are down and he got a sneak peek!

Epcot's Kabuki Cafe

The Kabuki Cafe will replace the old Kakigori stand, but will offer plenty of new menu items (including kakigori, of course). You can see from the menu below that the stand will offer not only icy, sweet treats, but also sushi, ribs, sake (hot and cold), snacks (Miso Soup and Edamame), soft drinks and Ramune, green tea, and more!

Kabuki Cafe Menu -- click for larger image

I can’t wait to sample some of the new offerings! If you get there first, let us know what we should try! :-)

1. Wow, $3.50 for miso soup? I guess this is the Japanese equivalent of the $7 hot dog

2. Jill says:

please let me know if it is the old kaki gori or the new (less tasty slushy-like) version. I am desperate for the traditional shaved ice kaki gori!

Matt — Ha! Good point.

Jill — Hoping to get reports soon!

4. venessa says:

Oh man, I really hope this is open on Monday!! Disney bound in 6hrs!! WOOOOT!

5. Jcv says:

They just took the construction barriers down on this yesterday. Hope it opens before I leave next Tuesday … Those ribs sound good.

6. Alan says:

These snack stands seem to be changing from just snacks to more of a food stand. Is this a Disney response to economic conditions, enabling a third level of food to pick up customers who are finding the CS places becoming to expensive?

I mean if this is true, that’s fine.

7. Jenn says:

I saw the construction walls when I was there in a few weeks ago and was wondering what the heck they were doing! Looks good! :) mmm…edamame and green tea ice cream as a snack? fabulous! And Matt…unfortunately the miso soup at all the sushi/Japanese places by me is around $3 – $4… sad!

8. Jill says:

i remember hearing that the snack stand in HS by tower of terror was changing to become a more food stand and was going to serve food from Mama Melrose. Anyone know if this has happened?

9. venessa says:

Went yesterday and it was opening day =) Plan to go tomorrow to get some green tea ice cream so if i do, pictures and a mini review to come!

Venessa, can’t wait to hear about it!!

11. Angela says:

Karaage!!! I’ve been making my own, but I hope I get a chance to taste the real thing when we go. It’s like Japanese chicken bites – yummy!