Happy New Year, everyone!! We hope your year is filled with delicious treats and lovely toasts, but most of all, we hope your year has a little Disney in it!
To start things out right, here’s a recap of the Disney Food news that’s been happening over the past week while we were all stuffing ourselves with fudge, cookies, and egg nog (oh, wait, that was just me?). Believe it or not, there were a LOT of developments last week!
Brand New Disney Food News
- A new food court, Landscapes Cafe, will be opening in Disney World in 2012 at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort! We just love new restaurants!
- More restaurants added to the 2012 Disney Dining Plan! Great to have some more Downtown Disney restaurants on the list!
- Large Mickey waffles are now being served at the Contempo Cafe in Disney’s Contemporary Resort during breakfast hours. Start your day with a familiar face!
- Cupcake jewelry is the new “wearable” food at Disney parks!
- BabyCakes NYC’s Downtown Disney Marketplace location is now taking cake orders to be enjoyed during your Disney Dining reservation! Have a gluten-free or vegan diner in your group? This is for you!
- Club 33 in Disneyland may be changing some membership policies come 2012 — and the brand new Club 1901 in Disney California Adventure might be part of the action!
- Ring in 2012 at these Disney restaurants and special events!
- The 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival will kick off with a new runDisney race: the Tower of Terror 10-Miler! I’ll see you there!
- There’s a new sandwich in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Try the Pot Roast Sandwich before your next ride on Tower of Terror!
- Williams Sonoma is selling some fun, Disney-themed bakeware!
- Todd English’s bluezoo at the Walt Disney World Dolphin resort has debuted a new electronic bar menu! And it’s interactive!
On to the Round-Up!
Walt Disney World for Grown-Ups hangs out at the Dawa Bar in the Animal Kingdom. Sigh — so relaxing!! One of my favorite places!
RocketNews24 shares six reasons Tokyo Disneyland’s secret restaurant Club 33 is awesome! I’m LOVING the pics in this one!
SamLand Disney takes a power lunch at The Brown Derby restaurant. Check out the vintage phones!
Gorillas Don’t Blog shares a vintage Disneyland photo of the Red Wagon Inn, Walt’s personal favorite restaurant in 1955.
AllEars.net celebrated 15 great years at the beginning of December, and did so with some delicious Disney food.
Main St. Gazette celebrates the season with some Pumpkin Fudge! Great pic, Ryan!
Disney Parks Blog shared recipes for two of Trader Sam’s holiday cocktails! If you can’t make it to Disneyland, make one at home!