Congratulations to the all of the runners that participated (and may still be participating!) in this year’s WDW Marathon Weekend!
If you’re in Disney World now, stop by the Main Street Bakery to pick up one of these colorful cupcakes celebrating the races. There are versions for the marathon, half-marathon, marathon relay, and the Goofy challenge! Yum!
Now, if you’re home and not in Disney World — like me — here’s a bit more about what happened at the Happiest Places on Earth last week!
The Latest Disney Food News
- We bid farewell to Disneyland’s Blue Ribbon Bakery on Thursday, making way for…
- Jolly Holiday Bakery!! This brand new bakery is now open on Disneyland’s Main Street.
Click the link to see a bazillion photos and reviews of both breakfast and lunch!
- Disney World’s Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is officially closed for refurb through March 27th.
- Disneyland’s Carnation Cafe closed January 5th for renovations. When the restaurant re-opens this summer, guests can enjoy new indoor seating…and FRENCH FRIES! We’ll have a post coming up soon…
- Disneyland celebrated Three Kings Day with fun entertainment and Latin American menu items.
For more sweet and savory food news, stop by our Disney Food News Pin Board, where Disney Food News is updated on a regular basis!
On to the Round-Up!
A Wedding Cake Blog showcases an Alice in Wonderland cake that is absolutely gorgeous!
The Orange County Register News celebrates Chef Oscar Martinez, who was awarded a 55-years of service award. Stop by and see Oscar at the Jolly Holiday Bakery right now (he’ll return to the Carnation Cafe when it re-opens). Congratulations, Oscar!
Eating (and drinking) around the World features Cabanas’ Strawberry Margarita from the Modern Mixology seminar at the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic. (I can attest — it was delicious!)
PassPorter Moms Podcast graciously had me on to discuss the 2012 Disney Dining Plan. Listen to a discussion on the changes to the plan this year as well as the pros and cons of purchasing the DDP! (DFB Editor Kim highly recommends listening to this fun podcast! )
Main St. Gazette pays a visit to the Hollywood Brown Derby in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
AllEars.net finds a jolly good time at Epcot’s Rose & Crown!
Stuff from the Park goes back to 1956 to show us the Chicken of the Sea pirate ship and a vintage popcorn cart.