Rumor! Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich May Come to Disneyland’s Downtown Disney

Update: Check out Starbucks at the Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe!

According to Al Lutz at MiceAge, Disneyland’s Downtown Disney in Anaheim may see two new popular and affordable eateries soon — Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich!

Starbucks

After a long negotiation in which Starbucks insisted on retaining control of their management and training, coffee lovers may soon welcome this addition to Downtown Disney Anaheim.

Intended location is top secret, but speculation has the popular coffee shop moving into the east wing of the La Brea Bakery building. Another location, the spot vacated by Compass Books at the other end of the Downtown Disney strip, is also a possible site for the java stop.

Earl of Sandwich

Earl of Sandwich has also been mentioned for both of these locations. This would be the first West Coast eatery for the restaurant famous for their delicious sandwiches.

The first location for Earl of Sandwich was Disney World, and a location opened in Disneyland Paris last year, so this addition would make sense.

By the way, speaking of Earl of Sandwich, don’t forget to sign up for their new Earl of Sandwich e-club and get a free sandwich on your birthday!

Thanks to DFB reader David Welty for the tip!

Source: MiceAge

1. Jo says:

Oh, I know some people who will be very happy if an Earl’s in this location comes to fruition!

2. madoka says:

Earl of Sandwich at DLR?! Yes Yes Yes! :D I have not eaten at the Earl yet but have heard so many good things about it from WDW. DTD Anaheim could really use a great counter service eatery, and the Earl will be perfect!

3. Marcy says:

I saw this and got so excited…until I read further and realized it says DisneyLAND…oh how I would love to see a Starbucks at DisneyWORLD!!! Oh well…………nescafe it is!

Jo — Me, too!!

Madoka — I agree! I’d love to see an Earl at DTD Anaheim!

Marcy — Don’t forget — you can get Starbucks at the Swan and Dolphin in WDW! :-)

5. Elana says:

Starbucks at Disneyland??? Yes!!!! Can’t wait!

6. Alec says:

Guess what folks? Earl of Sandwich actually confirmed they were building an Anaheim location a while back. People speculated they had been headed for the GardenWalk, but it looks like they might just be moving into Downtown Disney. Check out the fifth paragraph of this page:

7. Please oh please let this begin a trend…better coffee at the parks/resorts!

8. Brandy says:

That would make my day!! For our anniversary, we stayed at the Hilton and they actually had a Starbucks in the lobby so we could get our fix before meeting the kids at DL! Some good,bold Starbucks coffee wtih Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen beignets – HEAVEN!

9. Eric says:

Earl of Sandwich used to have a good location in Carmel Indiana, but it closed up a while back.

10. John says:

I’m so glad we have Starbucks in Disney Village at Disneyland Paris. It’s so great to get a real cup of coffee on the way to the parks. I’m not a big fan of Nescafe, but I think in Paris they changed to Segafredo.

11. canadianslovewdw says:

I too got excited about starbucks till i saw it was Land and not world. I know you can get it at the Swan, but thats inconvient, BUT a TIM HORTONS at the Canadian Pavilion at epcot. would make all the coffee drinkers happy

12. anderson says:

OMG! I can not wait for Earl of Sandwich. I’ve only been to the Vegas location, but it was seriously the best sandwich I’ve eaten.

13. Joe says:

This would NOT be the first Earl of Sandwich on the West Coast. The first was located in Valencia, California (home of Six Flags Magic Mountain). Unfortunately, it closed a few years ago.

14. Cathy Tucker says:

I was just at Disneyland and ate at Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney on January 4, 2013.