We’re sending our courageous (and hopefully hungry) readers on another crawl.
Not surprisingly, this one is all about cheese! (You asked for it…and we thought it was an AWESOME idea!!) The best part? You’ll visit mostly counter-service and/or grab ‘n go locations on this cheese crawl, so no Advance Dining Reservations required! (Of course, if you want table-service cheese options, check out our Disney World Cheese Plates here!)
The Disney Food Blog’s “Walt Disney World Cheese Crawl” Strategy
Gear up for tasting cheese selections on menus all over Walt Disney World. Your challenge is to sample these sweet and savory items, hopefully in a single Disney World vacation.
Follow the crawl step by step, or opt to select the items that you find most appetizing. You’ve reached the Cheese finish line when you’ve visited at least seven locations and sampled at least seven different cheese items.
Remember that Disney World menus have a way of changing, so if you need to substitute out new options for the ones below, we won’t deduct any points! Depending on your level of tolerance, you may want to split this crawl up over a couple of days. Either way, we won’t judge!
Some of these items can be purchased for a Disney Dining Plan snack credit, so save up those snacks!
EPCOT: Cheese required = 2
Depart your hotel for a morning in Epcot’s Future World. At 11am, make your way to World Showcase! Your first stop is the Rose & Crown pub in Canada.
- Cheese Plate: Here’s an updated cheese plate with layers of flavors. Which cheese will be your favorite — Cotswolds Cheddar, an aged
Irish Cheddar, or Stilton blue?
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
Tutto Gusto opened this year in the Italy pavilion. Offering a quaint wine cellar atmosphere, don’t bypass it on your cheese crawl.
- Take a look inside the beautiful Tutto Gusto, then order some incredible cheeses and meats!
Many visitors stop in this bakery for the eclairs and other French treats, however I especially love the cheese plate. Take a leisurely stroll back to Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot’s France pavilion. This location has a cheese plate to-go!
Note that this location will be part of the France expansion and renovations.
- Cheese Plate: Savory cheese from a counter-service restaurant Grab a plate for your World Showcase stroll.
Of course, if you want a little tequila with your cheese…
- Chips and Queso: Incredibly smooth and lightly spicy white queso is the way to go at this fun tequila joint.
You didn’t think we’d by-pass those cheesy pretzels did you? Our next stop is in the American Adventure pavilion.
Fife & Drum Tavern
Fife & Drum has unique counter-service treats served from a small kiosk. Take your cheese-y pretzel to the shaded tables by the Liberty Inn.
- Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel: If you like savory in your theme park treat, choose this option. It’s spicy, but the kick is mild.
- Cream Cheese Pretzel: A subtle cream cheese sweetness is found inside this pretzel!
DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS: Cheese Required = 1
From Epcot, take a boat to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for an afternoon snack (you’re still hungry…right?).
Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been creating some mouth-watering Starring Rolls goodies!
If you are starting a new day, we think cupcakes for breakfast are perfectly suitable!
- Red Velvet Cheesecake: Dig in and find the dollop of cheesecake, it’s the perfect tangy taste in the midst of red velvet sweetness!
BOARDWALK INN: Cheese required = 1
Walk or boat from Disney’s Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk resort. Your destination is the Boardwalk Bakery.
A quaint stop along Crescent Lake is the nostalgic Boardwalk Bakery, modeled on turn-of-the-last-century sweet stops. You’ll find a wide array of unique bakery items here! Take your treat to an outdoor table to enjoy the view of the Lake.
- Cheesecake Brownie: Super-rich and large enough to share, the cheesecake brownie blends two of our favorite comfort foods – cheesecake and chocolate!
WILDERNESS LODGE RESORT: Cheese required = 1
Wilderness Lodge’s Territory Lounge makes a relaxing stop before heading to the Magic Kingdom. Take the bus from the BoardWalk Inn to the Magic Kingdom, then boat over to the Wilderness Lodge.
Sink into a cozy chair at this lounge in the midst of the charming Wilderness Lodge Resort. It makes a convenient and relaxing cheese stop on your way to or from the Magic Kingdom.
- Sharp Cheddar Beer Fondue: Brought to the table in a cast-iron pot, the fondue is accompanied by sourdough, pretzel bread, Granny Smith Apples, and dried apricots. Thick and creamy!
MAGIC KINGDOM: Cheese required = 1
Take a boat from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom. At Cosmic Ray’s and Pecos Bill, we love the chili cheese fries or fries with plastic cheese. Stop at one of these locations for fries and then top yours at the fabulous toppings bar.
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
Cosmic Ray’s is a galactically-good counter-service restaurant in Tomorrowland.
- Chili Cheese Fries: Crispy, salty, tasty fries dipped (or soaked ;-)) in plastic-y cheese makes a great side dish with a meal or just possibly a filling snack. These fries take top honors!
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
Pecos Bill is nestled in Frontierland.
- Cheese Fries: With or without chili, these fries at Pecos Bill are delicious. Fun!
POP CENTURY RESORT: Cheese required = 1
Take the bus to the Pop Century resort from the Magic Kingdom where you’ll find a groovy cheesecake for an evening snack.
Everything Pop Food Court
Everything Pop is a modern day food court with some Mom ‘n Pop diner menu items.
- Tie-Dye Cheesecake: Wild in color, the construction is actually simple – cheesecake atop a red velvet cake.
Are You Ready for the Challenge?
We highly recommend taking on this crawl with family members or friends — sharing allows lots of memorable taste-testing without the full caloric content!
Let us know how it goes, and if you have other great options to add to our Cheese Crawl!!
Have you attempted one of our Disney food crawls? Any plans to tackle this challenge? We want to hear from you about what you’d like us to feature in our next crawl!