Lots of food news happening at Disney parks and resorts this week!
From new restaurants (like the SmokeHouse at House of Blues in Disney World’s Downtown Disney and the new Spice Road Table in Epcot’s Morocco), to restaurant refreshes (check out Captain’s Grille at Disney World’s Yacht Club Resort), and brand new create-your-own sundae opportunities, we can’t wait for you to dig into the neeeeews!
Disney Food News
- We roamed the World for Disney Food News; check out new menus in Animal Kingdom, and more!
- We reviewed the brand new Spice Road Table! Plus, tour the gift shop at the NEW Spice Road Table restaurant in Epcot’s Morocco pavilion!
- Yes, there’s gluten free options at ‘Ohana; read the full dinner review!
- Take a look at the dining room and menu changes at Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club.
- The Smokehouse is the soon-to-be-open Quick Service location at Crossroads at House of Blues in Downtown Disney Orlando.
- Contemporary Grounds at the Contemporary Resort has new Create Your Own Sundae Options and Specialty Beverages!
- And the Contemporary Cafe is offering a Frost Cupcake with a Frozen movie theme!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including dining options at Four Seasons Resort Orlando and restaurant closures!
DFB Reader Finds
Love the creativity of DFB Facebook Friend Stephanie! She says, “I just made (and devoured) the Johnny Appleseed’s Cake from Liberty Tree Tavern. Do you like how I even served it in the paper hotel bowls saved from my last stay at Art of Animation? ::sigh:: Now only if I really were there now!” We LOVE it, Stephanie!
Oh. My. Goodness! Facebook Friend Tara sent us this note: “Had this Lemon cupcake last week at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. It was delicious! It definitely makes my top 3. Lemon curd filling in the middle, with a dense, moist lemon cupcake, topped with vanilla buttercream and a drizzle of lemon glaze on top. Awesomeness.” YUM!!!
Thanks for sharing your Disney Food finds with us!
Pre-Order The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014 and get the 2013 Guide FREE!
Headed to Disney World soon? Pick up our 2014 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book for $4 off using code DINE! With this pre-order, you’ll get the 2013 Guide instantly — for free!
This comprehensive e-Book offers over 400 pages of expert information, color photographs, advice, reviews, and details about Dining in Disney World. And these awesome bonus items are included:
- Downloadable worksheets for planning your trip.
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries to help you with brainstorming.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges.
- An index of some of our favorite Top 5 lists.
- Food-themed scavenger hunts — one for each Disney World theme park!
- Disney Dining Trivia to play while waiting in line, or waiting for a table.
Pick up your copy today with code DINE for a $4 discount! As a downloadable PDF, the book can be read on your computer, smartphone, and tablet easily!
Want Even More Savings?
If you’re headed to Disney World this year or in early 2014, our BEST DEAL can be found when you bundle for savings!
Right now, get over 40% off of four of our most popular Disney Dining Guides with the DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle.
Including the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining AND all three of our DFB Snacks Guides. Get more information about the DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle here!
On to the Round-Up!
highlighted this decorative Mickey and Minnie plate!
WDW For Grown Ups checks out the NEW bar at Spice Road Table!
Gorillas Don’t Blog showcases vintage Disneyland bubble gum cards.
Road Runner Girl celebrates running at Walt Disney World with breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in Disney’s Grand Floridian. Congrats!
Disney Hipsters sips a Black Cherry Lemonade at the Uzima Springs Pool Bar at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Disney Parks Blog commemorated National Popcorn Day with Disney popcorn trivia!