We’re visiting two of Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom-area Resorts: Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Wilderness Lodge. These Resorts couldn’t be more dissimilar in style, so let’s explore What’s New!
“Welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Monorail — your highway in the sky!”
It’s time for a trip around the Monorail Resorts today as we visit Disney’s Contemporary, Polynesian Village, and Grand Floridian Resorts! So, “Please stand clear of the doors…” [Read more…]
We’ve brought you Unicorn Cupcakes. We’ve brought you mini Unicorn Donuts, even. But now we’ve got a GIANT Unicorn Donut for you and — as of right now — you can only find it at one Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea location in Disney World…
And that’s Contemporary Grounds at Disney’s Contemporary Resort! [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
Halloween Time is happening right NOW at Disneyland and we have details on ALL THE FOOD!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Dates announced for the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts!
- The Family Playground at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival reopened!
- We have the dates for the 2019 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- We checked out what’s NEW at the Monorail Resorts.
- We reviewed the Apple Pie a la Mode in Disneyland!
- Check out all the new stuff at the Magic Kingdom this week!
- We reviewed the Musubi at Disneyland’s Bengal Barbecue.
- Breakfast is coming to The Plaza Restaurant – for a limited time.
- Check out the new Mashed Potato Hot Dog coming to the Magic Kingdom.
- A new Kona Beer Flight is available at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- We’re talking about the 25 can’t-miss holiday experiences at Disney World!
- Check out the new dance party coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 2019!
- We reviewed the Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land.
- We checked out what’s new at Epcot this week.
- New rides, events, and characters coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019.
- We have details on a new parade and more coming to the Magic Kingdom next year.
- Disneyland Resort Hotels announce trick-or-treating and more.
- We reviewed the Black Rose Dessert at Halloween Time in Disneyland!
- Check out the allergy-friendly menus available on Mobile Order.
- You can order a coffee with character at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- We spotted Disney branded Ziploc bags at Splash Mountain.
- Check out even more NEW stuff at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Poison Apple Glow Cubes were spotted in Disney Springs.
- We have a first look at the new menus for Centertown Market and Banana Cabana Pool Bar.
- Disneyland’s Plaza Inn offering Christmas parade dining packages.
- We have details on what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Epcot’s IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth to be replaced in 2019.
- We reviewed Spice Road Table in Epcot’s Morocco Pavilion.
- Kids eat FREE at Frontera Cocina in Disney Springs!
- We reviewed the Sweet Potato Hand Pie at Jolly Holiday Bakery in Disneyland!
- Check out updated menu at Earth Eats at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We have details on Meatball Mondays at Terralina Crafted Italian in Disney Springs.
- We reviewed the Orange Sugar Churro with Candy Corn Dip in Disneyland.
- Check out the Green Apple Spell Lemonade at Disney California Adventure.
- New DFB YouTube videos: Food Tour – Swan and Dolphin Resorts, 11 Things That Never Would Have Happened at Disney 10 Years Ago, The Best Eats and Must-Dos at Halloween Time, and 15 Quick Service Restaurants That Are Better Than Table Service.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: 15 Disney Fast Food Spots That Are Better Than More Expensive Table Service Restaurants
We took a Monorail tour of the Magic Kingdom resorts to find all that’s new for you! We started out in the Contemporary Resort.
What’s New at the Contemporary Resort
We let you know earlier about the Latte Art at Contemporary Grounds. If you’re having a latte this is a fun way to add a smile to your cup of coffee.
If you’re at the Contemporary Resort and craving a cup of coffee, espresso, latte, or baked good head over to Contemporary Grounds in the lobby. And now, you can have your drink with character!
Joffreys Coffee & Tea Company runs Contemporary Grounds and is now offering their Latte Art at this location in addition to their location, Joffrey’s Tea Traders Cafe in Disney Springs.
Lots of food news happening at Disney parks and resorts this week!
From new restaurants (like the SmokeHouse at House of Blues in Disney World’s Downtown Disney and the new Spice Road Table in Epcot’s Morocco), to restaurant refreshes (check out Captain’s Grille at Disney World’s Yacht Club Resort), and brand new create-your-own sundae opportunities, we can’t wait for you to dig into the neeeeews!
Disney Food News
- We roamed the World for Disney Food News; check out new menus in Animal Kingdom, and more!
- We reviewed the brand new Spice Road Table! Plus, tour the gift shop at the NEW Spice Road Table restaurant in Epcot’s Morocco pavilion!
- Yes, there’s gluten free options at ‘Ohana; read the full dinner review!
- Take a look at the dining room and menu changes at Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club.
- The Smokehouse is the soon-to-be-open Quick Service location at Crossroads at House of Blues in Downtown Disney Orlando.
- Contemporary Grounds at the Contemporary Resort has new Create Your Own Sundae Options and Specialty Beverages!
- And the Contemporary Cafe is offering a Frost Cupcake with a Frozen movie theme!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including dining options at Four Seasons Resort Orlando and restaurant closures!
DFB Reader Finds
Love the creativity of DFB Facebook Friend Stephanie! She says, “I just made (and devoured) the Johnny Appleseed’s Cake from Liberty Tree Tavern. Do you like how I even served it in the paper hotel bowls saved from my last stay at Art of Animation? ::sigh:: Now only if I really were there now!” We LOVE it, Stephanie!
Oh. My. Goodness! Facebook Friend Tara sent us this note: “Had this Lemon cupcake last week at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. It was delicious! It definitely makes my top 3. Lemon curd filling in the middle, with a dense, moist lemon cupcake, topped with vanilla buttercream and a drizzle of lemon glaze on top. Awesomeness.” YUM!!!
Thanks for sharing your Disney Food finds with us!
Pre-Order The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014 and get the 2013 Guide FREE!
Headed to Disney World soon? Pick up our 2014 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book for $4 off using code DINE! With this pre-order, you’ll get the 2013 Guide instantly — for free!
This comprehensive e-Book offers over 400 pages of expert information, color photographs, advice, reviews, and details about Dining in Disney World. And these awesome bonus items are included:
- Downloadable worksheets for planning your trip.
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries to help you with brainstorming.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges.
- An index of some of our favorite Top 5 lists.
- Food-themed scavenger hunts — one for each Disney World theme park!
- Disney Dining Trivia to play while waiting in line, or waiting for a table.
— your Contemporary Resort’s one-stop Joffrey’s kiosk for on-the-go beverages and snacks now offers specialty drinks and make your own sundaes to Walt Disney World visitors.
Possibly unique to this location (let us know if you spot them elsewhere!!), this Dippin Dots version of the Create Your Own Sundaes are especially fun!
With the combination of ice cream choices, personally selected toppings, and a variety of portion options, these dishes really deliver on personalization!
Go ahead and customize your own refreshing treat.
These sundaes are made with a selection of Dippin’ Dots flavors! (Read: Tiny spheres of ice cream.)
You know how we love our treats; we suggest ordering the LOL (lots of layers). And send us a picture when you do!
Of course, there’s [Read more…]
When Fantasy Faire opens March 12 at the Disneyland Park, it’ll be home to beloved Disney royals — and a new food cart!
Paying homage to Belle’s father from “Beauty and the Beast”, Maurice’s Treats will serve guests in this new area of Fantasyland.
Flaky, crisp strawberry or chocolate twists will be sold for $3.49 from this cute food cart. Perfect for strolling through Fantasy Faire!
Another enticing option is the savory cheddar garlic bagel twistat $4.19.
Toast the new area of Fantasyland! Opt for Boysen Apple Freeze — a frozen apple juice, wild berry and passion fruit foam concoction — in a 16 oz. cup for $4.69. Or go all out and have your beverage in [Read more…]
There are lots of Disney World dining spots that are well-known to Disney-goers. Everyone knows about Cinderella’s Royal Table and Chef Mickey’s, right? But there are also a few hidden gems of which you may not have heard! One of these great little spots is Contemporary Grounds, located in Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
While the Magic Kingdom bakery is sure to have a line out the door every morning, Contemporary Grounds (just a short walk away from the Magic Kingdom) offers similar coffee drinks and pastries, minus the line! (It’s also a great way to convince your spouse to go check out the new Bay Lake Tower Disney Vacation Club property…)
Situated in the lobby of the resort, right next to the entrance to the Conference Center (natch), sits unassuming little Contemporary Grounds. The area is bright, sunny, and surrounded by comfy couches and chairs for relaxing. This makes it a perfect place to kick back for a mid-afternoon rest — you’re still close enough to the park to get back for the 3:00pm parade! Best of all? No reservations necessary!
Now, doesn’t that look more comfy than fighting for a table outside the Plaza? Enjoy!
Photo Credits: Thanks to DisneyContemporary.com for the photos!