While we already think Disney’s Port Orleans Resort is one of the most romantic places to stay during a Disney World trip, it seems Riverside and French Quarter are stepping up their game even more for Valentine’s Day!
It’s almost turkey time in Disney World! Thanksgiving is just two weeks away, you guys!
If you’re like us, you’ve got your stretchy pants ready to try the delicious meals coming to the restaurants around the parks. Did you know that many restaurants offer special Thanksgiving menus? Well, they do! And we’ve gathered a bunch of em for ya!
Can you believe Turkey Time is almost here again?!
We can’t either! But we were reminded that Thanksgiving is just around the corner when Disney began releasing their Thanksgiving menus this week!
We’ve already told you about the Thanksgiving offerings at Rose & Crown Dining Room, Terralina Crafted Italian, the House of Blues Olivia’s Cafe, and The Wave, but now Boatwright’s Dining Hall at Port Orleans Resort — Riverside has just released the menu of their Southern Thanksgiving Feast!
Ahh, cheese: basically one of our favorite food groups here at DFB.
If you’re as obsessed as we are (and we are pretty passionate), you’ll want to know EXACTLY where you can find the best cheese in Disney, from killer mac to cream cheese frosting excellence and more! And, we’ve got the greatest list for you, friends… .
Walt Disney World is home to several moderate category resorts, but their food is far from moderate! You’ll find a wide variety of eats at each moderate resort from grab and go and pool bars to quick service and table service restaurants.
We wanted to bring you up to date on what’s going on menu-wise — and what a few of our favorites are! — at Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside in case you’re traveling there soon!
What’s Happening at Port Orleans French Quarter
The resort pays homage to all things New Orleans and Mardi Gras — which means beignets are plentiful here!
Happy last weekend of 2018! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
Disneyland’s Festival of Holidays is still happening until the first week of January, and we have ALL the menus! Start planning what you’re going to eat before you go! And check out our BEST of the Fest here! You can also see reviews of ALL Disneyland holiday treats here!
Also, check out all the details on the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts, which begins January 18th, including FULL menus and lots of food photos!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out the 15 Disney pictures that wowed us this year!
- Toast to 2019 with a Champagne Cupcake at Sprinkles.
- Check out our full review of breakfast at Centertown Market at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Ring in the New Year with festive treats at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs.
- Check out the must-have Disney World dishes for 2019.
- We reviewed dinner at Boatwright’s Dining Hall at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside.
- Salt & Straw at Disneyland has a new Vegandulgence Ice Cream.
- The Tropical Hideaway in Disneyland now has collectible sporks.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve with an ‘Epic’ celebration at Raglan Road in Disney Springs.
- Wine Bar George is celebrating New Year’s Day with BOGO Bubbles!
- Potion Purple Ears Cupcake debuts at the Contempo Cafe!
- Check out the Winter Wonderland Shake at Planet Hollywood Observatory!
- Check out this behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- We reviewed new menu items at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ in Disney Springs.
- We shared what’s NEW this week at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- More performers were announced for the Garden Rocks Concert Series at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- Check out the Disney Parks merchandise we couldn’t resist in 2018.
- We’re excited to announce the pre-order of our newest DFB Guide.
- New DFB YouTube videos: 22 Must-Try Underrated Disney World Dining Spots, The Best Disney World Rides for Toddlers, Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White, and Unexpected Eats in Disney World.
New DFB Video — 22 Must-Try Underrated Disney World Dining Spots
might just be one of Walt Disney World‘s best-kept dining secrets. Located within Port Orleans Riverside, it’s a great spot to seek out if you’re looking for a quiet table service dinner outside of the parks.
Boatwright’s has had a few menu updates since our last visit and most recent guest review (hello, All-You-Care-to-Enjoy Chef’s Platter!), so we were excited to get back to Port Orleans Riverside to check it out.
There were a few announcements from Disney today about new menus, additions, and more at popular locations in both Disneyland and Disney World. We’ve already tried some of these items, and the rest are on our to-try list, so stay tuned for reviews and updates! We’ll start out in Disneyland with the brand new menu we reviewed earlier for you.
Disneyland’s Hungry Bear has a brand new menu that includes this Cherry Coca-Cola Funnel Cake plus new sandwiches and burgers.
In Disney World, at Epcot’s Coral Reef Restaurant, you’ll now find a whole stuffed Maine lobster that comes with crispy baby potatoes, asparagus, béarnaise sauce, lemon, and butter. Read our latest review of Coral Reef Restaurant and see if we thought it could rise to the surface or not.
We’ve already taken you on a tour of the gorgeous Chocolate Easter Egg display at the Grand Floridian this year.
But there is no shortage of Easter fun and food happening around Disney World over the next several days, so let’s HOP to it!
Resort Easter Egg Displays
The Grand Floridian display will be available for guests to view through April 9th. (And if your spring break plans don’t include a trip down to Disney World, you can see the whole thing here!)
Hey, friends! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and we’re taking you to Disney World’s Port Orleans Resort (both Riverside and French Quarter) to let you know what you just have to eat during your visit!
A huge bonus for guests staying at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter is that they’ve got easy access to each location’s restaurants, lounges, and snacks. And since both spots have some terrific outside-the-norm options, this is great news indeed! From the Beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory to the noshes you can enjoy if you’re taking in a Yeeha Bob show at the River Roost lounge, there is a ton of great stuff to take in at Port Orleans. (And remember, Port Orleans is just a beautiful boat ride away from Disney Springs even if you aren’t staying at the Resort!) [Read more…]