The 2019 D23 Expo — which will be held in Anaheim from August 23rd – 25th — is quickly approaching. And you know what that means… exciting new information on what’s to come to Disney parks! With tons of construction happening around the parks to create new experiences like the Guardians of the Galaxy, Tron, and Ratatouille attractions, we can’t wait to see what else Disney has in store.
And for those of you attending the event, D23 has released a sneak peek of some of the merchandise on the way at D23.com!
From limited-edition items to new collections, the D23 Expo is certainly going to have A LOT to choose from!
There will be merch for milestone anniversaries, fan-favorite characters, and 2019 D23 Expo Gear. Merchandise will pay tribute to Disney characters and films such as Donald, Mickey, Ariel, and The Lion King, classic attractions, and beyond.
Here’s a brief look at a few of the collections you can expect to see at the Expo.
- Backstage Collection – The Backstage Collection will bring a behind-the-scenes look at DisneyPixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Walt Disney Animation Studios to your merchandise options.
- Disney Backstage Collection Subscription Box – “D23 Expo guests will be among the first to see and order the new Disney Backstage Collection subscription box, which celebrates the artistry of Disney.” The subscription box will include limited-release T-shirts, pins, and more.
- Lucasfilm “Behind the Force” – This collection includes a new crew jacket and hat along with a limited-edition “Java the Hutt” T-shirt, mug, and more.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios “Under the Hat” – This will include a limited-edition Wreck-It Ralph Shadow Box, mug, and sketchbook.
- Disney•Pixar “Under the Lamp” – You’ll be able to purchase a Pixar campus hat, fleece, tiki crew mug, and more.
- Marvel “Behind the Hero” – This will include a limited-edition Black Panther Shadow Box, hat, and more.
- Mickey Mouse Shufflerz – This collection will include “Mickey Mouse Shufflerz that highlight Mickey through the years.” These are little figures that can “shuffle” around. And those interested will have the option to get a 13-pack or individual figures.
- Disney Designer Collection: Midnight Masquerade Series – The fan-favorite is returning and will be featuring doll sets of characters like Tiana and Naveen, Giselle and Edward, and Aurora and Phillip. The collection will also include pins, stationery, mugs, and more.
- Legacy Collection – This is a limited-edition collection created to celebrate anniversaries and milestones for beloved Disney characters and films including Donald Duck’s 85th birthday, the Silly Symphony’s 90th Anniversary, and The Lion King’s 25th Aniversary. The collection will include everything from plush, T-shirts, pins, hats, and more.
- The Little Mermaid 30th – This collection will be filled journals, ornaments, pins, dolls, and more!
- Disney•Pixar — You’ll also be able to grab a limited-edition talking Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye, as well as a limited-edition plush set of Ellie and Carl (in their Adventure Book).
The Dream Store — This store will be making its return to the D23 Expo. Here, attendees can expect to see Disney Theme Park merch and D23 Expo 2019-themed official merch.
A few collections include:
- Dapper Dan’s – This collection will feature a “Dapper Dress” from Her Universe! Other options include adult “T-shirts, a Spirit Jersey shirt, pins, plush, Funko POP figures, and much more.”
- Mickey Balloons – You’ll also see a few accessories and pieces of apparel including a Spirit Jersey, a skirt from Her Universe, hats, and mugs, with the ever so magical Mickey Balloons on them.
Mickey’s of Glendale — This is THE Walt Disney Imagineering stop which will return with two stores for three days at the D23 Expo. These stores will include an attraction quote T-shirt collection and exclusive merchandise designed by the Imagineers. There will also be a Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store with a ton of limited-edition pins.
The Expo is taking place in Anaheim August 23-25 and a few single day tickets are still available. Visit D23Expo.com for more information. And for those who are interested, Disney has released a sneak peek at the Expo’s schedule, which you can view here!
Will you be attending the D23 Expo? Let us know in the comments below.