Disney has been taking many precautions to prevent the spread of the disease to its guests and Cast Members, but now news has been released that a maintenance Cast Member at Disneyland Paris has reportedly contracted the virus.
The worker, according to Fox News, had “never been in contact with visitors since he works at night when the park is closed.”
A representative for the CFTC Disney union has stated that the worker and three other Cast Members were instructed to stay under quarantine.
Warmberg expands on the sanitation methods Disney has released (which you can read about here) and states, “Our onsite health teams and leaders are communicating with our cast members about illness prevention, including the health authorities’ recommendations for everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs such as:
- Staying home and wearing a mask when sick (upon medical prescription)
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available)
- Following proper respiratory cough etiquette (i.e. cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or tissue, not your hands)
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Refraining from shaking hands and hugging or kissing when meeting someone”
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
What are your Disney travel plans looking like for this year? Let us know down in the comments!