Time is running out and many Disney World Annual Passholders are asking themselves a tough question before tomorrow’s deadline.
Should they or shouldn’t they cancel their annual passes to Disney World? The final day to opt into cancellation of the pass is TOMORROW, August 11th, and passes will no longer be valid for entry beginning August 12th!
If you’re still going back and forth with this tough decision, here’s some additional information that could help you make up your mind. Disney has updated its Annual Passholder policies with the following information regarding how partial refunds, if eligible, will be calculated.
According to Disney’s website, the refund amount, if applicable, will be uniquely based on the passholder’s circumstances.
Partial Refund Eligibility/Calculation
- “The refund amount, if any, for each pass circumstance is unique and based on factors such as: new or renewal, down payment amount, refunds to date, activation date, etc.
- If the total amount that you paid for your pass(es) (minus any refunds already given and any payments waived, returned or not collected) exceeds the “usable value” (see below) of your pass(es), that excess will be refunded to you.
- The usable value of your pass(es) equals the total sale price of your pass(es) multiplied by the number of days that you could have visited any park prior to March 16 and divided by the total number of access days to any park permitted under the pass(es) at pass activation.
- If you made a payment between July 11, 2020 and August 11, 2020 or a payment between March 14, 2020 and April 4, 2020 that was not already refunded, your refund will be at least the amount of any such payment(s).”
If you wish to cancel your annual passes, here’s how to take action:
- “If you have already elected to cancel your pass(es), this will be automatically processed for your pass(es). You do not need to take any additional action.
- If you have not selected any option (no action) and would like to select this option to cancel your pass(es), please refer to the email from Disney Destinations on July 14, 2020 and use the personalized link available through August 11, 2020. Or, you may call V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
- If you previously took action to elect to continue with your pass(es) and now would like to cancel your pass(es), please call V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.”
Refunds in the original form of payment will be sent out by mid to late September! Best of luck making this very difficult decision!
Did you already cancel your annual passes? Tell us why or why not in the comments below!