This year, Disney World has introduced The Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, which blends aspects from the Food and Wine and Flower and Garden Festivals.
Even if things are a little different this year, there’s still PLENTY of food to be had! And luckily, we have a few recipes so we can make some of these goodies at home.
You can make your very own Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese from the Mac & Cheese Marketplace Hosted by Boursin®! I mean, who doesn’t love mac & cheese?! We got to try this delicious dish and it was one of our favorites!
Are you ready to dive headfirst into ooey-gooey cheesy goodness? We thought so!
Follow these instructions and before you know it, you will feel like you are at the 2020 Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival from the comfort of your kitchen!
Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese with Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese topped with Herbed Panko
From Mac & Cheese Hosted by Boursin® Cheese (World Showplace)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup panko
- Coarse salt, to taste
Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese:
- 1 (16 ounce) box cavatappi pasta or elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 pound white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 (5.2-ounce) Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels, divided
- Coarse salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
For Toasted Panko:
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add panko and stir until combined. Toast in the pan for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat; salt to taste. Set aside.
For Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese:
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain well. Set aside keeping warm.
- Melt butter in a 5-quart saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until a blonde roux, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Fold in both shredded cheddar cheeses and two Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels. Blend with an immersion blender until cheese has melted and smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Add hot, cooked pasta with cheese sauce and mix until combined and divide evenly into 6-8 bowls.
- Cut the remaining Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheel into 6-8 pieces or crumble into a small dish.
- Top Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese with toasted panko and Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese pieces or crumbles.
- Serve immediately.
Ta-da! That’s all it takes to bring a delicious dish from the 2020 Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival to your very own home. Chef Remy will be so proud of your creation!
Are you as Mac & Cheese obsessed as us? Will you be attempting this recipe at home? Let us know in the comments!