We had some interesting Christmas week updates to share, so let’s dig in!
We’ve been waiting for Gideon’s Bakehouse to open FOR-E-VER (okay, not forever, but at least since they announced the location at Disney Springs). That glorious day finally arrived with a soft open full of cookies, cake, and interesting decor!
Guys, we ate a TON of cookies and cake and it was GLORIOUS. Coffee Cake Cookies, Cookie Von Krampus Cookies, Red Velvet Cake as big as your face, Peanut Butter (!!) Cold Brew Coffee…oh my. Seriously, Merry Christmas to us!
A brand new pop-up shop at Disney Springs arrived this week: Wondermade Marshmallows! This is THE place to get some wonderful hand-made flavored marshmallows.
Frontera Cocina has extended its hours, at least temporarily. The new hours of operation will be 11AM to 10PM every day now until January 3, 2021.
So now guests can spend even more time enjoying authentic Mexican cuisine created by celebrity Chef Rick Bayless while sipping on some great margaritas!
Tokyo Dining has reopened temporarily, but with several menu changes! One of those changes is that desserts have been completely knocked off the menu! Guests will no longer get to finish off their meals with Mango Mousse, Chocolate Tofu Mousse, or Matcha Tiramisu.
Instead, they’re focusing on their fish dishes. Here’s what changed with those:
- The Salmon Poke Bowl ($16) now includes cubed tuna
- NEW: Seared Salmon is now listed under Sashimi for $15. This is a thinly sliced and flamed fish served with Ponzu sauce, fried garlic chips, marinated green onions, and cucumbers.
- The Bluefin Tuna Sushimi price has increased from $15 to $16
- The Spicy Crunchy Roll ($13) is now made with marinated tuna and salmon in soy sauce with tempura crunch
- The Volcano Roll ($18) no longer has scallops and shrimp — it’s now made with tuna, salmon, and smelt roe
- NEW: Shrimp Tempura Roll ($15) is a crunchy inside-out roll with eight pieces of shrimp, served with Kampyo, which is a dried Japanese gourd
- Miso Soup ($4) is now made with a bonito miso broth, green onions, tofu, and wakame
Tokyo Dining will be open from December 26th through December 31st.
Beaches and Cream
The To-Go Window at Boardwalk’s Beaches and Cream has been closed! According to a Cast Member, it’s been closed “indefinitely.”
We don’t have a lot of details behind its closure, but we’ll let you know if/when it reopens.
Those are all the updates and changes for this week. We’ll keep you updated on all the restaurant and menu changes and reopenings as they happen!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you visited Disney World restaurants recently and noticed any changes? Let us know in the comments!