Hey runners, lifters, athletes, and ANYONE that enjoys a delicious (and healthy) snack! We’ve got something you’re gonna want to check out!
If you like learning new recipes that are both healthy AND delicious, you’re in luck! A recipe from runDisney puts a healthy spin on a classic (and yummy) baked treat — muffins!
This recipe for Chocolate Chip (and Dale) Applesauce Muffins will satisfy your sweet tooth! Plus, they’re a great pre-workout snack packed with vitamins, fiber, and whole grains. Let’s learn how to make them!
Chocolate Chip (and Dale) Applesauce Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- Two 3.2 oz GoGo squeeZ Apple Banana Fruit-on-the-Go Pouches
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a bowl, except chocolate chips
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients together
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until the mixture is moist
- Fold in chocolate chips last
- Divide batter evenly into 12 lined muffin tins and bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean
- Allow to cool for several minutes before serving
In order to store the muffins, place them in an air-tight container for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
With fruit, vitamins, and minerals, these muffins will give you the energy you need to power through any workout! Plus, you can even create little hidden Mickeys with the chocolate chips on top of the muffins to add some Disney flair! Check back with us for more Disney-inspired recipes!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be trying out these muffins? Let us know in the comments!