But we’re still keeping an eye on what’s happening at Disney World restaurants, and there were a TON of updates this week. Menus are CONSTANTLY changing throughout the resort, and sometimes things disappear from those menus, while new things get added. So here are all the updates from this past week!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Decaf coffee drinkers! You now have a Black Caf — Decaf option for breakfast at Ronto Roasters.
A cup of the Black Caf — Decaf (is that an oxymoron?) goes for $2.99.
In Canada, the Sustainable Fish Selection a la Paella has been changed to simply, Sustainable Fish — minus the paella. This dish includes Today’s Sustainable Fish Selection with Bamboo Rice, Miso Butter, Jalapeño Gel and Sweet Onion Soubise.
The price, however, remains the same — $45.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
There are just a few updates over at Rainforest Cafe — if you’re a fan of the Beyond Burger, it now has the addition of Boom Boom Sauce to its existing ingredients.
You can also get new Smoothies and Freezes served with a 21 oz. Celebration or Lightning Glass.
The next time you feel like dancing a little jig on your way over to Raglan Road, you might want to check the menu — there have been a few changes! For starters, the Boxty Baa Baa is gone and the Pull The Boxty is back (they change these up from time to time). This is an Irish-style crispy boxty potato cake, pulled ham hock, and caramelized red onions with a Dubliner cheese sauce for $16.
The Kids’ Menu has a price change, but this is good news – the Little Big Burger now costs $1 less! It decreased from $10 to $9. And for those of you who like the Strawberry Fields Mimosa, you’ll want to know that it’s now made with Grey Goose Vodka, rather than Ciroc Vodka.
Guess what? Boardwalk Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas is reopening on April 8th! And with that reopening comes a few price changes:
- Piña Colada increased from $11 to $12
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita decreased from $14 to $13
- Assorted Beer increased from $8.25 – $10.25 to $8.75 – $10.25
That’s one more place to grab adult beverages on the BoardWalk! YAY!
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Over at Old Key West, Turtle Shack is reopening on April 6th! And that menu has seen QUITE a few updates. Here’s what will be different when it reopens:
- REMOVED: All Beef Hot Dog with Chili and cheese
- REMOVED: Soft Pretzel with Cheese Sauce
- REMOVED: Taylor Turkey Sandwich
- Tuna Salad increased from $7.79 to $9.99
- Caesar Salad — Shrimp option is no longer available, only chicken — increased from $7.79 to $10.99
- Mango-Rum Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwich increased from $9.99 to $10.49
- Turkey Sandwich removed from Kids’ Menu
- Carrot Cake removed from desserts
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
This week, The Mara started serving dinner once again! It previously only had breakfast available, but now it has extended its hours and has added some new things to its menu.
- Tamarind Barbecue Pork Sandwich — Tamarind-seasoned Barbecue Pulled Pork on a Brioche Bun with Kool Slaai (Coleslaw) topping on the side and served with French Fries for $10.79
- Grilled Bacon Cheeseburger — Grilled 1/3 lb Black Angus Burger topped with Bacon and Sharp Cheddar on a Brioche Bun served with French Fries and a Pickle for $12.99
- Braai Chicken Flatbread — Freshly prepared Flatbread with a Sun-dried Tomato Pesto topped with Oak-fired Chicken pieces, Bacon, Red Onion, Mozzarella and Saag Dahl Ranch Drizzle for $10.49
- Ham and Cheddar Sandwich — Creole Honey Mustard on Sunflower Multigrain Bread and served with Chips for $9.99
- Marrakesh Falafel Platter — Tabbouleh, Cucumber-Tomato Salad, Hummus, and Tahini Sauce served with Pita Bread for $11.99
- Half Rotisserie Chicken — Served with Roasted Potatoes and Sweet Corn Succotash for $14.49
- Tuna Salad Wrap — Romaine, Vine-ripened Tomatoes, and Cucumber with Citrus-marinated Olives for $9.99
- Caesar Salad — A bed of Romaine Lettuce, Croutons, and Shredded Parmesan served with Caesar Dressing on the side for $7.99
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
We saved the BIGGEST update for last, because a LOT is changing at Coronado Springs’ Rix Sports Bar and Grill! And a lot of those changes involve things disappearing from the menu — so if your favorites are gone, we’re sorry! Here’s what’s changed on the Appetizers side of things:
- REMOVED: Thai Shrimp
- NEW: Chips & Salsa — Fresh made Corn Tortilla Chips, and House Made Salsa for $12
- REMOVED: Giant Pretzel and Queso
- You can now add Chili Con Carne to the Nachos for a total of $19
- NEW: Beer Battered Onion Rings — Fried Pale Ale Beer Battered Onion Rings piled high with a Chipotle Ranch Dressing for $15
Only one item got removed from Soups and Salads, but there are NEW things to try. YAY! We love new!
- REMOVED: Rix Salad
- NEW: Chile con Carne — Braised Beef, 3 Bean Blend, Spices, and garnished with Tortilla Chips for $8
- NEW: Soup and Half Sandwich — Half Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Sourdough Bread with Choice of Tomato Basil Soup or Chile con Carne for $12
- NEW: Buffalo Chicken Salad — Arcadian Mix, Fried Buffalo Chicken, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Tomato, Red Onion, Cucumber, Celery and Chipotle Ranch Dressing for $13
You can no longer get a Turkey Burger, which is now missing from the Signature Sandwiches and Favorites part of the menu. BUT…there are some new burgers and sandwiches, so that’s something! Here’s what’s new:
- BBQ Ranch Burger — Half-Pound Burger, Smoked Cheddar, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Crispy Onion Straws, and House-BBQ Ranch Dressing on a Toasted Roll for $18.50
- Turkey Club — Oven Roasted Turkey, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Avocado Aioli, Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce, and Tomato on Sourdough for $18
- Ale Battered Fish & Chips — Beer Battered Cod, House Made Tartar Sauce, and Blue Cheese Cole Slaw for $19
- Rix Signature Hot Dog — Cajun Dog — Buckhead Quarter-Pound All Beef Hot Dog served on a fresh-baked Bolillo Bun. Grilled Onions, Creole Mustard, Tomatoes, Jalapeños, Spicy Cajun BBQ Sauce, and Applewood-smoked Bacon for $15
- Rix Signature Hot Dog — Polish Boy — Buckhead Quarter-Pound All Beef Hot Dog served on a fresh-baked Bolillo Bun. Vienna Polis Kielbasa, Chili con Carne, BBQ Sauce, Bleu Cheese Slaw, Crispy French Fries, and Onion Straws for $15
- Rix Signature Hot Dog — Mayan Dog — Buckhead Quarter-Pound All Beef Hot Dog served on a fresh-baked Bolillo Bun. Mexican Street Corn, Green Chiles Queso Fresco, and Chipotle Aioli for $15
The Sides dishes have a description change. Cole Slaw is now listed as Blue Cheese Cole Slaw, but the price remains the same for $5. Also, one of our favorite things is now on the menu: Mac ‘n Cheese for $8 — we’ll have to check it out to see how it compares to other Disney World Mac ‘n Cheeses!
Both existing desserts are also now gone — goodbye, Lemon Meringue Pie and Dark Chocolate Cake! Two new desserts are now taking over:
- New York Cheesecake — Served with Berry Compote for $8
- Hot Fudge Brownie — Warm, Chocolate Brownie in Molten Chocolate Sauce with Vanilla Gelato for $12 — Add Bourbon Caramel Sauce for $3, Add Ancho Reyes Chocolate Sauce for $3
The Kids’ Menu has been updated, too. Here’s what’s different now:
- REMOVED: Nachos
- NEW: Hot Dog — All Beef Hot Dog served with a choice of Waffle Fries, side of Grapes, or Small Salad for $10
- NEW: Grilled Chicken — Grilled Chicken Breast served with fresh Broccoli and Waffle Fries for $10
- NEW: Mac & Cheese — served with a choice of Waffle Fries, side of Grapes, or Small Salad for $10
- REMOVED: Warm Fudge Brownie
There are TWO new desserts for kids, though. One is a Scoop of Ice Cream (Vanilla or Chocolate) for $5. The other, though is a Cotton Candy Cheesecake. And yes, we’re totally going to try it when we can because that sounds INTERESTING. And there seems to be a cotton candy trend at Disney World right now.
Those are all the updates we have for this week, but we’re constantly tracking the menu changes at Disney World, so check back again next week!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
What’s your favorite meal at Disney World? Let us know in the comments!