Prior to Disneyland’s theme parks officially reopening, we were welcomed back to Disneyland Resort with A Touch of Disney, a special event held at Disney California Adventure Park which featured some awesome character interactions and delicious food!
But, if you weren’t able to make it out to that event and aren’t able to visit Disneyland right now, don’t worry! We found a recipe that will really bring that Touch of Disney home to you! If you love mac ‘n cheese and brisket, you’ve got to check this out.
The recipe for this cheesy dish was previously shared by the Disney Parks Blog and now we’re breaking it all down for you right here!
If you’re ready to make this Mac yourself, here’s what you’ll need:
For the Smoked Beef Brisket:
- 1 lb smoked beef brisket
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Mac ‘n Cheese:
- 1 lb elbow pasta
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- black pepper, to taste
For the Pickled Red Onions:
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
For the Crispy Fried Shallot Topping:
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil (for frying)
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
You’ll also need 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce to add to the top!
Alright, let’s make this Mac!
- Place the thinly sliced red onions into a mixing bowl
- Combine the white vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring it to a simmer of medium-high heat.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the sliced onions
- Cool to room temperature, then store in the fridge until it’s time to plate!
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 350° F
- Combine flour, salt, and cornstarch in a small bowl
- Dip the shallots into the cornstarch mixture and shake off any excess coating
- Fry in the hot oil for one minute, until crispy
- Drain the oil from the fried shallots on paper towels, and set aside
- Shred or chop the smoked brisket
- Season it with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until hot. Then, add the brisket and cook for 3 minutes, until hot.
- Keep warm until time to serve
Mac ‘N Cheese:
- Cook macaroni in salted water according to package instructions. Drain it and set it aside
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk it in until it’s smooth and light brown in color.
- Slowly add milk to the mixture, whisking to break up any lumps. Whisk until the milk begins to simmer.
- Then, turn to low heat, and add shredded cheese and cream cheese. Whisk it until smooth.
- Once the sauce is melted and smooth, add in the cooked pasta
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Keep warm until ready to serve
Once you have everything cooked, it’s time to put it together! Scoop your mac ‘n cheese first onto each plate, then add your brisket, drizzle on some of your favorite BBQ sauce, and add your shallots and onions to finish it off. This recipe will serve SIX people and we are honestly drooling just thinking about it!
We love seeing new recipes from the parks, but this one might just take the cake…er…cheese! We’ll keep an eye out for more great Disney recipes and let you know what we find. Stay tuned for more recipes from us here at DFB!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be whipping up this Brisket Mac ‘N Cheese at home?? Let us know in the comments!