If you’re heading to Disney World soon and haven’t bought your ticket yet, there’s some important price information you need to know about.
Price increases have impacted a number of things around Disney World including HUNDREDS of food items, merchandise items, and more. Now, it looks like price increases are impacting some park tickets too.
Disney World park tickets operate on a date-specific pricing model. That means each day is priced differently depending on the expected demand for that date. Ticket prices in 2022 range from $109 to $159.
We had previously shared that this ticket price range itself hadn’t changed for 2022, but that some dates in 2022 fall into a higher ticket pricing tier, meaning your overall ticket purchase might be more expensive in 2022 than it was for the same days in 2021.
One thing to keep in mind is that depending on how many days you buy tickets for, the price PER DAY changes. So, for example, previously one-park-per-day ticket prices started at $109 for a 1-day ticket and went up to $54 for a 10-day ticket. But now things have changed.
WDWMagic initially shared some news on this (as well as some old specific day pricing!) and we did some digging to see what’s going on.
It appears that certain multi-day tickets have now increased in price. For 1-park-per-day tickets, 1-day tickets still start at $109. It appears 2-day and 3-day tickets have also remained unchanged when it comes to that starting price. But, now 4 day tickets have gone from $105 per day to $106 per day, and other tickets appear to have also seen an increase.
Here’s a list of the changes for the starting price for 1-park-per-day tickets:
- 1-day: no change, still $109 per day
- 2-day: no change, still $107 per day
- 3-day: no change, still $106 per day
- 4-day: from $105 per day to $106 per day ($1 increase over 4 days: $4 increase)
- 5-day: from $90 per day to $91 per day ($1 increase over 5 days: $5 increase)
- 6-day: from $77 per day to $78 per day ($1 increase over 6 days: $6 increase)
- 7-day: $68 per day to $69 per day ($1 increase over 7 days: $7 increase)
- 8-day: $62 per day to $64 per day ($2 increase over 8 days: $16 increase)
- 9-day: $57 per day to $59 per day ($2 increase over 9 days: $18 increase)
- 10-day: $54 per day to $55 per day ($1 increase over 10 days: $10 increase)
Some Park Hoppers have also changed in price. Below is a screenshot with the prices taken in January of 2022.
Here’s a look at the starting price for Park Hopper tickets as they appear now.
Here’s a break-down of the changes for these starting prices:
- 1-day park hopper: no change, still $174
- 2-day park hopper: no change, still $144
- 3-day park hopper: no change, still $131
- 4-day park hopper: no change, still $127
- 5-day park hopper: $107 to $108 per day ($1 increase per day over 5 days: $5 increase)
- 6-day park hopper: $91 to $92 per day ($1 increase per day over 6 days: $6 increase)
- 7-day park hopper: $80 to $81 per day ($1 increase per day over 7 days: $7 increase)
- 8-day park hopper: $73 to $74 per day ($1 increase per day over 8 days: $8 increase)
- 9-day park hopper: $67 to $68 per day ($1 increase per day over 9 days: $9 increase)
- 10-day park hopper: $62 to $64 per day ($2 increase per day over 10 days: $20 increase)
Remember that these are all the starting prices. The actual price of your trip will vary depending on the days you choose to visit and what price Disney has assigned to those dates (depending on expected demand).
From what we’re seeing, even though that listed starting price for a 3-day or 4-day park hopper hasn’t gone up, you may find that your 3-day or 4-day park hopper ticket is in fact MORE expensive than what it was before. From our understanding, this may be due to the price level assigned to the dates for 2022.
For example, 3-day park hoppers previously ranged in price (with tax) for 2022 from $415.77 to $555.88. Now, that range for tickets available for the remainder of 2022 is from $416.37 to $555.88 (just a slight increase there on the lower end of the range).
Other tickets also appear to have seen an increase. For example, 10-day park hoppers previously had a range from $644.22 to $794.17 in terms of total ticket price. Now, it looks like that range is $671.55 to $843.95.
Here’s a full list of changes that we’re seeing for 1-park-per-day tickets.
- 4-day was $434.83-$596.74, now $447.70-$596.74
- 5-day was $463.56-$630.85, now $481.94 – $649.39
- 6-day was $477.79-$645.91, now $496.43-$672.25
- 7-day was $492.06-$661.56, now $511.10-$694.96
- 8-day was $518.17-$678.83, now $540.59-$721.18
- 9-day was $536.00-$691.93, now $561.29-$738.66
- 10 day was $553.69-$703.65, now $581.02 – $753.42
Changes appear to have also been made for the ranges for Park Hopper tickets and Park Hopper plus in terms of what the actual tickets will cost (tax included) for the remaining high and low priced dates in 2022.
It appears Disney has also changed some things in the calendar when it comes to pricing (this could all be factoring into the changes we’re seeing on those price ranges). From what we can see, certain days appear to now have been placed into different price tiers. For example, here’s a look at the previous March 2022 calendar for a 3-day (1-park-per-day) ticket. This screenshot was taken in January of 2022.
Now here’s a look at the calendar as it appears now. March 1st was previously priced at $128, now it is $131. March 6th was previously $131, now it is $132. The sample 3-day ticket we had above was $399.72/ticket. Those same dates now give us a ticket priced at $404.78.
So the ticket range itself ($109-$159) hasn’t changed, but you may find that (1) the dates you’re looking to purchase tickets for now fall under a HIGHER price tier, and (2) select multi-day tickets will cost more as their starting cost per day has increased. If you haven’t already purchased your tickets for your 2022 trip, be sure to check and see how prices may have changed since the last time you looked, as it might mean you’ll have to do some budget adjusting.
We’ll keep an eye out for more Disney news and let you know what we find. Stay tuned for more updates!