Did you know that Disney has its own official fan club that you can join and get all kinds of perks? It’s called D23 and it’s actually celebrating its 13th anniversary right now!
The fan club has things like exclusive access to certain events, merchandise, and sneak peeks, as well as giveaways. And, in honor of the anniversary, D23 has announced new ways that current members can be can be celebrated!
The press release we received said that these celebrations are for D23 Member Appreciation Month, but D23’s website says they are for D23 Member Appreciation Week, so just note when these celebrations take place.
Complimentary Gold Member Gift
Gold Members of D23 can get an exclusive, complimentary magnet! The options to choose from features either Oswald the Lucky Rabbit or Stitch. And, if you’ve been a D23 Charter Members since 2009, you will automatically receive an exclusive magnet in addition to your initial selection — this one features Mickey & Minnie from Plane Crazy.
There is new exclusive merchandise coming for Member Appreciation! Two new pins will be available exclusively to Gold Members. One features Mickey and Minnie from Plane Crazy, and the other features a “plundering pirate” from the Pirates of the Caribbean (which is celebrating its 55th anniversary at Disneyland this year).
Also, from now until March 20th, certain D23 items are on sale on shopDisney! And, ALL D23 members get free shipping on ALL purchases for the whole month of March.
Finally, Gold Members will be able to purchase an additional Collectors Set beginning March 14th for a limited time, while supplies last.
There are new in-person and virtual events coming over the next few months, too! Here’s everything you can look forward to:
- D23 Magical Screening Series: The D23 Magical Screening Series celebrates anniversaries of Disney Classics across the country. D23 will hold 25th anniversary screenings in late April of Hercules in Orlando, New York City, Boston and Orange, Calif., and 30th anniversary screenings of Aladdin will take place in other cities this summer.
- D23 x WDI Magical Milestones: Disneyland Paris 30th: Virtual events continue this April with a special presentation celebrating 30 years of Disneyland Paris. Imagineers will speak and you will explore the past, present, and future of the world’s only European Disney Park.
- D23 Galactic Disco Night: D23 will be making the jump to hyperspace at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim and get its boogie on with an out-of-this-world party.
- 626 Day: Celebrating 20 Years of Lilo & Stitch: Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Lilo & Stitch on 6/26 with an “Ohana-friendly” tropical party in Southern California!
- 40 Years of Tron: This July, D23 will be commemorating Tron in San Diego!
- Plus: Look for a Gold Member preview of the Walt Disney Archives’ Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume exhibit in Detroit, MI at The Henry Ford in June, a special preview night of Walt Disney’s The Jungle Book: Making a Masterpiece at the Walt Disney Family Museum, and a D23 Night for The Lion King on Broadway in support of the show’s 25th anniversary.
- D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event presented by Visa returns September 9, 10, and 11. Tickets are available now!
Special Offers and Discounts
For Gold Members:
- Walt Disney Family Museum: D23 Gold Members receive $3 off for them and up to three guests. Show your D23 Gold Membership card at the ticket kiosk.
- Disney Springs
- Sperry 15% off (through 12/31/22)
- Columbia 20% off (through 12/31/22)
- Pandora 10% off (through 12/31/22)
- Downtown Disney
- Ballast Point 10% off (through 12/31/22)
- La Brea Bakery 10% off (through 12/31/22)
- Pandora 10% off (through 12/31/22)
There ya have it — all of the ways D23 Members can be appreciated! Stay tuned to DFB for more Disney news and updates.
Click here to learn more about the D23 Expo!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you a D23 member? Let us know in the comments!
Robin Meckier says
I don’t have my membership card yet. I renewed my membership in April. It’s now the end of June. I still can’t log onto D23!!! Do I get a new certificate for 2022?
Marian A McCarty says
I have been a D23 member for some years now and have never received a card to carry for any of the discounts that are available
Am I supposed to have one of these to use when shopping at the park. If so could you please send me one.