It’s hard to believe, but the holidays will be here before you know it and some of us (okay, we mean us) are already starting to think about our holiday dinners.
We’ll be looking through all our recipes and looking at those that just scream Thanksgiving and Christmas (hello, Thanksgiving Stuffing Waffles and Pumpkin Mousse Trifle!). But the most FALL recipe of ALL could be the one Dole just shared for Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Dole Whip. Yep, you read that right.
You probably already know how to make a regular Dole Whip, but this one is special because, well, it’s made with pumpkin spice and sweet potatoes. Does anything say THANKSGIVING DESSERT more than that? Even better, it’s pretty simple to make and only takes about 18 minutes to whip up!
- 1 cup peeled and chopped DOLE® Sweet Potato
- 1¾ cups chopped DOLE® Pineapple, frozen
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened refrigerated coconut milk
- ¾ teaspoon gluten-free pumpkin pie spice
- Chopped pecans and/or coconut chips for garnish (optional)
- Heat potato and 2 tablespoons water in a medium microwave-safe bowl, covered with plastic wrap with 1 edge slightly open to vent, in microwave oven 3 minutes or until very tender. Drain potato; cool completely.
- Purée pineapple, syrup, milk, ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and potato in a food processor on high until smooth, scraping down bowl occasionally.
- Divide pineapple mixture into 4 bowls; sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and top with pecans and/or coconut chips, if desired.
This recipe makes about 2 cups.
So whether you’re having Thanksgiving with your family or putting together a meal for Friendsgiving, this is one snack that’s sure to please fans of fall flavors.
If you’re looking for more Disney recipes, be sure to visit our Recipes section — there are PLENTY of foods and snacks that should please even the pickiest of eaters at your holiday table.
Will you be trying out this recipe? Let us know in the comments!