It seems Disney’s waffle ingenuity knows NO BOUNDS!
From Chocolate Waffles With Espresso Mousse to Sweet Potato Pie Bubble Waffles, Disney World is FILLED with griddled treats! Now just in time for Thanksgiving leftovers, Disney has released ANOTHER waffle recipe that’s sure to change your stuffing traditions FOREVER!
Naturally, EPCOT provides endless culinary inspiration for Disney’s crafty cooks, and this is DEFINITELY true for its food-filled festivals!
Inspired by the International Festival of the Holidays (which JUST started up for the season!), Disney Parks Blog is showing us how to live our best Thanksgiving leftovers lives with this recipe for Leftover Stuffing Waffles!
Stuffing and waffles are two of our favorite foods, so combining them into one tasty snack sounds like an absolute DREAM! We’re always pretty obsessed with Thanksgiving leftovers in any form, but this sounds NEXT LEVEL. Here’s your handy guide to stuffing waffles!
Leftover Stuffing Waffles With Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz. cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- zest of 1 orange
- 4 1/2 cups leftover stuffing, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- vegetable oil for brushing waffle maker
- 1 lb. warmed leftover turkey, sliced
- 2 cups warmed leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups warmed leftover gravy
For Cranberry Sauce
- Stir together cranberries, sugar, water, and orange zest in saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, until sugar dissolves and cranberries are soft.
- Increase heat to medium and cook about 12 minutes, or until cranberries burst. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat waffle maker to medium-high. Combine stuffing, eggs, and 1/4 cup cream. If mixture is too dry and not spreadable in the waffle maker pockets, add more cream as needed, until mixture is just wet enough to spread.
- Generously brush top, bottom, and all pockets of waffle maker with oil.
- Evenly and firmly pack each pocket of the waffle maker full with stuffing mixture (Note: If using a mini waffle maker this will make 12-14 mini waffles. A larger waffle maker will yield 6-8 waffles). Close and cook about 7-8 minutes, until golden and waffles easily lift out of waffle maker.
- Place two mini waffles or one large waffle on each plate. Top each with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce.
While we ALWAYS love a good Thanksgiving sandwich, we can’t think of a better — or more fun! — way to use up extra holiday food than a Disney waffle!
Speaking of leftovers, this Turkey Cupcake at Disney World is a lil’ late to the Thanksgiving party!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
What’s your favorite way to use Thanksgiving leftovers? Let us know in the comments!
Leave a Reply