It is no secret that Disney World’s waffle game is STRONG.
From the Pumpkin-Spiced Mickey Waffle Sundaes to the chocolate Mickey waffles, we haven’t met a Disney waffle that we don’t like! In honor of this year’s “Waffle Week,” Disney released a unique waffle recipe from the theme parks!
The recipe is for Chocolate Waffles with Espresso Frozen Mousse from Tamu Tamu Refreshments at Disney’s Animal Kingdom! The chocolate and espresso sound like a perfect match!
We loved this snack in the parks and we are SO excited to have the recipe! Here’s how you make this delicious treat!
Chocolate Waffles with Espresso Frozen Mousse
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For Espresso Mousse
- Place white chocolate chips into a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup heavy cream and espresso in a small saucepan over high heat; heat until very hot but not boiling. Pour hot cream over white chocolate chips, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Add egg yolks, whisking until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip remaining 3 cups cream to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold whipped cream into white chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Dollop mousse into a lightly greased muffin tin. Freeze until hard.
For Chocolate Sauce
- Whisk together heavy cream, sugar, water, corn syrup, and cocoa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, whisking often, until sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat to low; whisk in chocolate chips until completely melted. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a separate bowl.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds; remove from microwave and stir for 10 seconds, then microwave 10 seconds more. Remove from microwave and stir; if chocolate isn’t melted, microwave 10 seconds more.
- Add melted chocolate and butter mixture to milk and egg mixture.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Cook waffles in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove espresso mousse from freezer and dip bottom of pan in warm water to remove mousse.
- Top warm waffles with frozen espresso mousse. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Since these waffles are no longer on the menu in Animal Kingdom, we are so happy the recipe has been released to the world! As always, we will keep you updated on ALL of the latest Disney recipes!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
What is your favorite Disney recipe? Let us know in the comments!