Snack series: Turkey Legs

Turkey Leg

Turkey Leg

At over 1000 calories and 50 grams of fat (according to this MSN article), this “snack” could serve as two meals for most folks. So, as a result, everyone’s “down” on the turkey leg. All of the articles I see about these giant drumsticks profess shock that anyone could ever eat such a thing.

But I always thought that vacation was a little bit about letting loose, relaxing, maybe eating and/or drinking a bit more than you would normally… . Who doesn’t gain a few pounds on vacation?

Would love your thoughts–Do you stick to your diet at Disney? Email me at webmaster@disneyfoodblog.com!

1. Wow! 1000 calories – I had no idea! I will be avoiding those turkey legs.

2. Brad says:

The turkey logs look good, but they always remind me of the ren-faire. I try to limit my intake to things that are more “Disney” when I’m there!

3. admin says:

Ha ha! Don’t avoid them–”moderation” is key! ;-)

4. Ed Rhodes says:

Since I’ve never gone to a “ren fair,” (but would like to) I consider turkey legs to BE “Disney!”

We got some at Animal Kingdom and DAMN, they wuz good turkey legs!

Ha — Glad you liked ‘em Ed!

6. BBC says:

I always joke with a friend of mine that they are really pork. We were sitting on Sunset at DHS and he was eating one. It was bright pink, and smelled like bacon. I swear, thats not turkey. lol jk!

BBC — That’s what everyone says! They’re so salty, and they taste like bacon!

8. Marisol L. says:

1000 calories and 50 grams of fat are worth it for my favorite Magic Kingdom lunch! I get a turkey leg every time I’m at Magic Kingdom….it’s part of making my visit perfect and I’ll NEVER stop getting them…even if I find out they’re 2000 calories!

9. Kitak Law says:

I suppose if you’re looking for a taste of something like a turkey leg but are concerned by the calories, you could do what I saw people doing once at the Magic Kingdom last winter: buy one and share it with your entire family.

10. Megan N. says:

Turkey legs are a must for my family when we are in Disney. We definitely share as none of us could finish one by ourselves, but vacations are definitely the time to splurge on tasty treats like this!

Well worth the indulgence!!

11. james says:

1000 calories is not that much to be honest. Most meals we eat run aroubd about that much anyways. Plus with only 54 grams of fat, and 154 grams of protien. This thing is pretty much like eating a giant steak. Sounds like protien on a bone to me :-) Anytime the protien content is grater than the fat it’s not a bad meal.