Disney Snack Series: Kaki-Gori

Kaki-Gori Sign

Kaki-Gori Sign

One of my favorite Disney World treats is Kaki-Gori, a Japanese dessert made with shaved ice (or “shave ice” if you’re from Hawaii) and fruit-flavored syrups.

And if you’re asking yourself, “How is this not just a sno-cone?” you’d be asking a very good question ;). I’ve actually heard that sno-cone ice is shaved more finely, but I’ve also heard that Kaki-Gori ice is shaved more finely, so, in my research, I haven’t found too much of a difference. All in all, the concept is the same.

Price List at Kaki-Gori Stand

Price List at Kaki-Gori Stand

If you’re ready to sample Kaki-Gori, head over to the Japan pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. It’s only $3.28, and you can choose from Strawberry, Cherry, Melon, Tangerine, or a rainbow collection of the flavors. You get a pretty healthy-sized serving, too!

Kaki Gori Flavors

Kaki Gori Flavors

Once you’ve got your snack, head over to the koi pond or gardens in the beautiful Japan pavilion to relax, refresh, and know that you’re eating something fat free in Disney World!

Kaki Gori

Kaki Gori

And don’t forget to grab a straw!

1. Elizabeth says:

Do you know the ingredients? I would like to know if it is kosher.

Great question, Elizabeth! I don’t know, but you can most likely contact the Magic Kingdom special diets line and find out: Magic Kingdom: WDWMKSpecialDiets@email.disney.com, or 407-824-5967

3. Jackey says:

Never had one, but I would probably get the rainbow flavor. I can never decide on a flavor.

My fave is cherry!

5. Emma says:

Rainbow! And, whoa, they come in cups now – no more cones? Guess I’m overdue for another one!

Emma — I think I just got the “large” size, which came in a cup. You can still get cones as far as I know! ;-)

7. Cyndi says:

Best is strawberry with the milk topping, yum, yum! There’s no wonder why it’s one of the most popular flavours in Japan. Other than that, I love their melon flavour. The condensed milk goes nicely with that as well, but it doesn’t beat the strawberry milk combo.

8. Marcy says:

Melon (watermelon) was very good. My friends didn’t think they wanted any, but after reading the rave reviews I decided on my last trip I had to try it. Let’s just say that after tasting mine, they ended up with a cup of the melon themselves. Very refreshing on a hot day. Yet not too filling if you have a meal or dining reservation coming up – might sit heavier if you have the condensed milk added – I figured it was sweet enough without adding that (and it was). I’ll definitely try it again in future visits. Have to try the strawberry – can’t believe I missed that flavor option, that likely would have been my first choice.