Two of my favorite people sent me some very cool things recently, and I wanted to share them with you on this “freeform Saturday” post.
First of all, a beautiful food pic from James Chapman. This is Le Cellier‘s sausage and corn polenta appetizer, which is out of this world delicious. It’s just too pretty not to give it the spotlight. Thanks for Mickey-fying the plates, James — how did you know that Le Cellier’s butter balls are my favorite part of the meal?
And secondly, I wanted to share with you some “random observations” from Jeff Kocan‘s recent trip. They’re too witty not to print as-is:
Just random observations that I meant to bring up:
– I had complained about the chips and salsa at the San Angel Inn in the comments a while back — in December, we were served Tostitos chips and a little plastic container of Tostitos salsa – but everything was back to homemade when we ate there (twice!) two weeks ago. That makes me happy.
– Also, the Cochinita Pibil on the lunch menu is my new favorite dish there. There’s a taco version on the dinner menu as an appetizer, but the lunch version is the real deal — a big plate of shredded pork, pickled onions, and fried plantains, served with fresh tortillas. If you haven’t, by all means do.
– The Butterfinger cupcake seriously is the grossest thing I’ve ever eaten. Okay, maybe not, but it was so dense — the thing has to weigh three pounds — that two of us couldn’t get halfway through it. Too much.
– Speaking of too much, we split a No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream and were kind of disappointed. The ice cream there had a weirdly low-fat texture, like it’s a little too icy or something. We had another sundae at the Downtown Disney Ghirardelli shop that was superior in every way. They may have the secret best ice cream on property.
– We had a pizza delivered to our room at Port Orleans for the *Lost*premiere. I wish our *pizza* had gotten lost. Heyooo!
– It’s never too cold or too rainy for Dole Whips.
Have a great Saturday, all! Thanks to James and Jeff for the emails.