Lunching Pad Offers New Gourmet Hot Dog Menu

Thanks to Paul Chadkin for allowing me to post this great pic of the new Disney World Tomorrowland Lunching Pad hot dog menu!

New Hot Dog Menu at Tomorrowland Lunching Pad

For $7.89 a piece, the new menu includes:

Philly Cheese Steak Hot Dog: Topped withe beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese sauce

Reuben Hot Dog: Topped with Corned Beef, sauerkraut, swiss, and thousand island dressing

Taco Hot Dog: Topped with ground beef, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream

No idea if the turkey legs have stuck around!

I’m wondering if the Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel is still available. It moved from Scuttle’s Landing to the Lunching Pad shortly before Scuttle’s Landing was closed… hope it didn’t disappear with this menu change!

Otherwise, looking forward to checking out these new dogs… can’t decide which one I want to try first!

2. jon says

seems like a cost-cutting measure–2 lb turkey legs for $8 were a much better deal for us consumers than $8 hot dogs with toppings

3. Vance says

I heard the turkey legs are gone along with the pretzels (which saddens me)…but these new offerings look awesome.

The turkey legs are gone (per @attractions on twitter the other day!) but still in Frontierland. :)

How crazy are philly cheese and taco dogs? Like having 2 lunches in one! :P

5. melissa sue says

Okay … I don’t even eat hot dogs, but those are making me extremely hungry. Maybe it’s just lunchtime.

6. melissa sue says

See_Thom … with the price hike on the pretzels, are they still considered a “snack” on the DDP?? I was looking forward to snagging one of those …

7. Scott B says

melissa sue: the menu, picture posted by See_Thom_Run, has the DDP logo next to the pretzel. This means the pretzels are still on the DDP.

8. Jason says

Well $8 for a hot dog is just insane. As much as I love Disneyland, that is just stupid. Especially since the hot dogs they use aren’t even that great. MAYBE if they were at least 1/4 lb hot dogs… But when you can get a better tasting hot dog at Costco with drink for $1.50….

9. Galloping Gourmand says

“I’d like some meat topped with meat please.”

The key to any of these is going to be the kind of hot dog they use. I won’t bore you talking about regional differences in the spice content of the dogs other than to say that Disney dogs strike me as the blandest. If they get a dog with the right spices to complement the toppings then these might be good, especially the ruben due to the fact that the kraut is a traditional topping.

10. Pudge the Fish says

Okay, my interest is piqued. As a southeast PA native I love a good cheesesteak but why put a great topping a chicken hot dog? I’m not sure what brand of dog that they are using nowadays but it would be nice to see a brand name weiner being offered. I’d vote a for a Nathan’s but I’d even settle for a Ball Park so I would at least know what I’m getting.

This is also another wrinkle in WDW’s healthy initiative vs. profit conundrum. Wouldn’t it make sense to offer a version of chicago style dog piled high with veggies rather than meat on cheese on meat? I guess pre-processed toppings on a dollar frankfurter at a premium price puts less of a dent in the profit than it does to use fresh toppings like vegetables. This from a guy named Pudge! :)

Forget healthy…you mean $8 and no fries/chips/side?!?!?!?

I’m not a dog lover either but these do look appealing. Hmmm….

12. melissa sue says

Scott B: Thanks for correcting my blonde moment!! I clearly see the logo there now, but when I first looked, I didn’t see it for some reason. Thanks!!

Bryan, Casey’s is going to be pretty hard to top. Even with these new weird concoctions I don’t see it really sticking around unless we have some weird occurences.

I’m wondering what type of Hot Dogs these are, as that could really make or break the Hot Dog.

Not that I can eat Hot Dogs anyways…

14. david says

They must not have been well-received because they’ve already been taken off the menu. At least they weren’t listed fri/sat (9/24-25/2010).

15. Lisa says

The sweet cream cheese pretzels are in fact still available as of the week of 11/3/10!!! We bought them multiple times,yummy! They were also being sold at Epcot in America I believe.