Disney Dining Tip: Fruity Snacks in the Disney Parks

Over the past few years, Disney has introduced some great fruity options in the parks. Some super healthy…and some not so much. But even when our selection isn’t necessarily a low-calorie treat, the added fruit at least makes us feel less guilty. ;-)

So for those looking to make their five servings a day, let’s take a look at a few of those sweet treats!

Fresh Fruit at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Fruit Snacks

I love to reach for a piece of fresh fruit, especially on a hot Florida day, and especially for breakfast. And these days you’ll find some really appetizing (as opposed to a few years ago) fresh-cut and whole fruits in each park. (I usually find the best stuff in Disneyland, but Disney World’s selection has gotten better and better.)

Fruit at Hollywood Studios

If you find yourself in between a Dole Whip and Mickey Ice Cream Bar at the Magic Kingdom, practicing some moderation with fruit from Liberty Square Market is a guilt-free option.

Menu Items at Liberty Square Market

One of our favorite fresh fruit menu items is found at the Animal Kingdom’s Bradley Falls and Tamu Tamu Refreshments. Doesn’t this fruit salad (pineapple, mango, grapes, blueberries, kiwi, and lychee) look amazing?!

Lychee Fruit Bowl at Bradley Falls Kiosk

If fresh fruit doesn’t work for your touring style, it’s time to grab the dried stuff. For years I’ve tucked Craisins into my backpack when I’m traveling (seriously, I buy the mega bags at the warehouse store), and it’s awesome that I can replenish my stash in the parks now.

Craisins

They’ve even got a trail mix version!

Craisins and Trail Mix in Animal Kingdom

Snacks with Fruit

One of my favorite snacks with fruit is the Nutella Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments in the Magic Kingdom. This thing is huge and can easily be shared — just grab extra forks and knives! The fruit and Nutella combination on a semi-sweet Belgian waffle is one of my new must-have eats. (OK, not exactly healthy, but look at all that potassium!)

Nutella Waffle Sandwich With Fruit

Stop by Starring Rolls Cafe at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for an Apple and Craisin Turnover. The turnovers here are huge and well worth the calories, IMHO. ;-) Though it might be hard to trade one of your favorite breakfast cupcakes… .

Apple Craisin Turnover.

Speaking of the Studios and Starring Rolls, check out this deliciousness!! Fruit Tart ahoy.

Fruit Tart at Hollywood Studios

And of course, of you’re looking for chocolate but want a few vitamins in the mix, go for chocolate-covered fruit throughout the parks. Uber popular options are strawberries and the relatively new pineapple!

Chocolate Covered Pineapple in Disney World

Chocolate covered strawberries in Disney World

Fruit Snacks at Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival

Of course, if you’re headed to the Food and Wine Festival, there’s plenty to try. A crowd favorite is Belgium’s Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote. So delish.

Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival

I can’t wait to try the Craisin Bread Pudding with Grand Marnier Anglaise at the Hops & Barley marketplace.

Craisin Bread Pudding with Grand Marnier Anglaise

And don’t forget to stop by the BOG while you’re there!

Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.

Whether you go for the healthy alternatives or the fruit-laden snacks, we can’t wait to hear about YOUR favorites!

What’s your favorite fruity snack in the Walt Disney World parks? Let us know in the comments below!

1. Dana says:

Suspect Granny Smith & Golden Delicious are mislabeled. I chuckled.

2. Kev says:

The great thing with the fruit stalls, being that not only are the snacks healthy and affordable, but they are really nice and refreshing after a few days of park food.
    Also, they are really great for replacing electrolytes when it is really hot and sweaty!

Pineapple :-)
    Chocolate and pineapple? :-(
    Chocolate and anything else :-)

3. Claire says:

Also with the kids (and adult meals) at quick service locations you can get apple slices or grapes as your side instead of fries. My kids really like that option, because after two weeks you don’t really want to see any more fries

4. Lynne says:

So, is Bradley Falls open now? Love to get a fruit salad during my upcoming Oct. trip, but I had been told it was closed.

Dana — Really? I didn’t even see that! Ha!

Kev — Glad you enjoy the fruit treats!

Claire — YES — great point!

Lynne — Bradley Falls is open again, I believe. I just got a text message with a new menu from a friend of mine. I’m not sure they’re still serving the fruit bowl there, but you CAN get it at Tamu Tamu.

6. Joy O says:

Where do you find the chocolate covered pineapple? That looks like a generous spear. Don’t recall seeing it before. But great post! Sometimes fruit hits my sweet spot better than anything else. Especially on a hot Florida day – sometimes cupcakes are just too heavy. I said SOMETIMES…

7. Anna says:

Delish! Do you know if the pieces of whole, uncut fruit are per-washed?

8. Christopher J says:

I can remember on one particular very hot day wandering about Animal Kingdom, we stumbled across a stall selling fresh chilled fruit. We’d had days and days of cakes, sweets and soda and suddenly a saw a punnet of fresh sliced pineapple. I can’t even tell you how amazing it was. Now, I like fruit no more than the average regular fruit eater. But on that day, had a bird snatched it or had I dropped it, there’d have been melt down. It was delicious. Surroundings helped as eating fruit at that park seems natural!

Does anyone else think that $3.99 for one chocolate dipped strawberry is a little steep? Over here in the UK that’d be about £2.70. For just £1.50 ($2.30) you can get a whole tub of them. I know it’s Disney and prices are higher, but wow! I’d sooner buy a unique cupcake or something substantial for that price and certainly not use a snack credit. Anyone else with me? (They do look delicious though – I was recently at a wedding in Scotland and they had them with champagne. Heaven in my mouth!)

9. Shanna S says:

I agree Christopher it seems steep but honestly every where seems to charge that price or even more around here (Boston Area) I never buy them because it seems like such a rip off to me. I did discover that at Godiva you can get a come with 5 or 6 for $12 dollars. They are not as perfect the the ones they sell for $5 dollars each but they tasted pretty good to me!

10. Nita says:

Dana – I noticed the apple sign swap too :)

11. Devin says:

Nita- I was just going to post and ask if anyone else noticed the apple mix up, lol!