“The Best Thing I Ever Ate in Disney!” Breakfast!

We’re back for more fun with a brand new version of our hit series, “The Best Thing I Ever Ate in Disney”!

Best Thing I Ever Ate in Disney -- Breakfast

With your awesome input, we had tons of fun exploring our favorite Disney food categories a looong time ago. But Disney keeps adding amazing new dishes, treats, and foods! And so, it’s time to revisit these questions and add some of our new, and enduring, favorites to the mix!

Today, we’ll get the day started off right just like we should — with some delicious Breakfast! I’ll let you know a few of my favorites…and then it’s your turn to chime with in YOUR votes for “The Best Thing I Ever Ate in Disney — Breakfast”!

Let’s get to crackin’! (Like…eggs. Crackin’ eggs. Get it? :-) )

Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll at Kouzzina

In no time flat, Kouzzina by Cat Cora has become one of my favorite places to dine at Walt Disney World for breakfast. It’s quiet, relaxed, and offers some truly delicious eats.

If we’re going to talk about killer ways to start your day, first up has to be one of my favorite breakfast finds of recent Disney visits: the Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll at Kouzzina.

Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll

Wouldn’t you just love to dig into one of these babies right. this. minute?? Me tooooo! Warm, butter-rich dough envelops a beautiful center filled to overflowing with that yummy, buttery, cinnamon-y goodness that just makes your heart SING!

This. This is what a cinnamon roll should look like — so gooey that you need a fork to eat it! Believe me when I say that the Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll is plenty reason enough to make Kouzzina your very next advance dining reservation.

Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll — Inside

Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe

Classics become so for a reason. In Disney food circles, classics = awesomeness (and often over-the-topness) that just about everyone loves.

Case in point: Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe.

Tonga Toast with Bacon

Thick, fluffy bread is stuffed with banana yum, before it’s battered and deep-fried. After a roll in a ton of cinnamon sugar, it’s delivered to our table with a hearty helping of strawberry compote, ready for your enjoyment. This is the stuff that breakfast dreams are made of, and I guarantee you it will keep you going for hours.

It’s handy that we’ve got a recipe for Tonga Toast for those in-between-Disney-trip cravings. And by the way, if you prefer breakfast on the go, you can also get Tonga Toast at Captain Cook’s Snack Company, the Polynesian’s counter service spot (it’s cheaper there!).

Tonga Toast – Inside Close Up

Pecan Caramel Bread Pudding at Boma

Ask Disney fans their favorite places for breakfast, and Boma is likely to be on top of many lists.

The buffet spread at Disney’s Animal Kingdom boasts a beautifully-themed dining area and lots of exotic eats that makes your first meal of the day extra-special.

You won’t often find French toast as part of the spread there, but if you’re looking for a little dessert with your breakfast (and really…who isn’t??), then you will lurve this French Toast Bread Pudding.

Pecan Praline Sauce and French Toast Bread Pudding

And there’s no better way to indulge in this sweet breakfast casserole than with a thick layer of caramel-y-good Pecan Praline Sauce poured over top. This was my major winner from my recent Boma breakfast. Wish I’d eaten this FIRST! Be sure to get a BIG glass of milk to go with this one.

French Toast Bread Pudding with Pecan Praline Sauce

Mickey Waffle at Grand Floridian Cafe

So…yes. You can get Mickey Waffles at lots of places at Disney. And I love them! There’s a reason that this little guy is the face of DFB Social Media :-)

So good, with that crispy, malty goodness. And who can resist smiling back at that goofy expression?

But one of my favorite spots to grab one is Grand Floridian Cafe, where you can choose from two different versions: Multigrain or Malted. Guess which one I choose? Sprinkled with just a dusting of confectioner’s sugar, well..you know it’s just completely delicious.

Mickey Waffle with Bacon!

And Now It’s Your Turn!

I really want to hear from you guys! What’s the Best Thing You Ever Ate in Disney for Breakfast in your book? What morning meal has you dreaming of coming to the breakfast table miles away from the Happiest Place on Earth?

Chime in below in the comments. I can’t wait to hear your Best Things!

1. Vanessa says:

Hands down the Polynesian resort has the best breakfast in both Kona and Ohana! Love the tonga toast and pineapple macadamian nuts with Kona coffee at Kona. We also truly enjoy the whole character breakfast experience at Ohana! Love the pineapple bread and mini cinnamon rolls, along with the what we call “stitch” juice! So good!

2. Jennie says:

At the old bakery on Main Street they had this delightful ham egg and cheese crossaint that was just perfection! My brother, husband and I grabbed one and sat and enjoyed it just after the morning show as everyone else was rushing to the rides. It was so good and we made it a tradition! They served them at Kasey’s too, but alas, they have disappeared since Starbucks showed up. :(

3. Rebecca says:

The stuffed French toast at Cinderella’s Royal table BEFORE they changed it! My family & I went there a few years back and it was wonderful! I went back the next year anticipating the same greatness and I was extremely disappointed that it was different. The original was and still is the BEST Breakfast I have EVER ATE!

4. Stacy says:

Breakfast Sandwich
    Naan Bread with Scrambled Egg, Slab Bacon, and Cheese Sauce at the Landscape of Flavors in the AoA resort food court. I had never had naan bread before and before I left the resort I had that sandwich at least 4 times. The description doesn’t do it justice. The applewood smoked bacon, the generous portion of eggs and that sauce with fresh chives! I have actually made the sandwich at home but it just isn’t as good since my naan isn’t made fresh daily.

5. Leah says:

Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding at Sunshine Seasons!!!!!!!!!! Hands down.
    It’s not a day at Epcot with out this dish and the quite, futuristic music, the hot air ballons and waiting for our second round of Soarin’ with the fast passes we ran for at rope drop!

6. sarah says:

My family loves the pooh french toast at Crystal Palace. I didn’t even have it first but still ate 2 of them, while my husband…well we can’t count how many he had lol. I can say for sure that Crystal palace breakfast is the first restaurant in our ADR’s!

7. Janelle says:

Every trip has to include Mona Cafe Tonga Toast and Donaldson breakfast buffet at Tusker House. I stick to the African themed food. Melanie pap, glazed ham, spiced corn beef hash, beef bobotie quiche, yam casserole and potatoes.

8. Rosalie says:

I was very nervous about ordering the Lobster Crepes at Cinderella’s Royal Table, but it was delicious! Cream cheese, spinach, and lobster filling inside perfect crepes topped with more lobster and poached eggs… it was SO good!

9. Sharon R says:

I have a question about Kona Cafe. Our trip is this April, and my to-do list contains shooting over to Captain Cook’s to try Tonga Toast for the first time! I was planning to fit it in around 6:30 or 7 am, before heading to the Magic Kingdom for 9 am rope drop. Well, Captain Cook’s will be closed for refurbishment during our stay.
    So, is Kona Cafe a feasible substitute? We’ve never been there. I know it’s sit-down, but I really only want to try the Tonga Toast. And I guess the coffee. I saw the prices: $5.19 for Tonga Toast at Captain Cook’s, $12.99 at Kona!! What’s the difference, sides? I know that many places will let you un-combo a meal for cheaper. Would we be able to ask for just the toast at Kona, for less money? Also, I think it opens later, like 7:30. Is it even a possibility to fit this in before rope drop on a 9 am opening? I just want to try the Tonga Toast!!! :-)