“The Best Thing I Ever Ate in Disney!” Breakfast!

We’re back for more fun with a brand new version of our hit series, “The Best Thing I Ever Ate in Disney”!

Best Thing I Ever Ate in Disney -- Breakfast

With your awesome input, we had tons of fun exploring our favorite Disney food categories a looong time ago. But Disney keeps adding amazing new dishes, treats, and foods! And so, it’s time to revisit these questions and add some of our new, and enduring, favorites to the mix!

Today, we’ll get the day started off right just like we should — with some delicious Breakfast! I’ll let you know a few of my favorites…and then it’s your turn to chime with in YOUR votes for “The Best Thing I Ever Ate in Disney — Breakfast”!

Let’s get to crackin’! (Like…eggs. Crackin’ eggs. Get it? :-) )

Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll at Kouzzina

In no time flat, Kouzzina by Cat Cora has become one of my favorite places to dine at Walt Disney World for breakfast. It’s quiet, relaxed, and offers some truly delicious eats.

If we’re going to talk about killer ways to start your day, first up has to be one of my favorite breakfast finds of recent Disney visits: the Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll at Kouzzina.

Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll

Wouldn’t you just love to dig into one of these babies right. this. minute?? Me tooooo! Warm, butter-rich dough envelops a beautiful center filled to overflowing with that yummy, buttery, cinnamon-y goodness that just makes your heart SING!

This. This is what a cinnamon roll should look like — so gooey that you need a fork to eat it! Believe me when I say that the Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll is plenty reason enough to make Kouzzina your very next advance dining reservation.

Warm Honey Pecan Cinnamon Roll — Inside

Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe

Classics become so for a reason. In Disney food circles, classics = awesomeness (and often over-the-topness) that just about everyone loves.

Case in point: Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe.

Tonga Toast with Bacon

Thick, fluffy bread is stuffed with banana yum, before it’s battered and deep-fried. After a roll in a ton of cinnamon sugar, it’s delivered to our table with a hearty helping of strawberry compote, ready for your enjoyment. This is the stuff that breakfast dreams are made of, and I guarantee you it will keep you going for hours.

It’s handy that we’ve got a recipe for Tonga Toast for those in-between-Disney-trip cravings. And by the way, if you prefer breakfast on the go, you can also get Tonga Toast at Captain Cook’s Snack Company, the Polynesian’s counter service spot (it’s cheaper there!).

Tonga Toast – Inside Close Up

Pecan Caramel Bread Pudding at Boma

Ask Disney fans their favorite places for breakfast, and Boma is likely to be on top of many lists.

The buffet spread at Disney’s Animal Kingdom boasts a beautifully-themed dining area and lots of exotic eats that makes your first meal of the day extra-special.

You won’t often find French toast as part of the spread there, but if you’re looking for a little dessert with your breakfast (and really…who isn’t??), then you will lurve this French Toast Bread Pudding.

Pecan Praline Sauce and French Toast Bread Pudding

And there’s no better way to indulge in this sweet breakfast casserole than with a thick layer of caramel-y-good Pecan Praline Sauce poured over top. This was my major winner from my recent Boma breakfast. Wish I’d eaten this FIRST! Be sure to get a BIG glass of milk to go with this one.

French Toast Bread Pudding with Pecan Praline Sauce

Mickey Waffle at Grand Floridian Cafe

So…yes. You can get Mickey Waffles at lots of places at Disney. And I love them! There’s a reason that this little guy is the face of DFB Social Media :-)

So good, with that crispy, malty goodness. And who can resist smiling back at that goofy expression?

But one of my favorite spots to grab one is Grand Floridian Cafe, where you can choose from two different versions: Multigrain or Malted. Guess which one I choose? Sprinkled with just a dusting of confectioner’s sugar, well..you know it’s just completely delicious.

Mickey Waffle with Bacon!

And Now It’s Your Turn!

I really want to hear from you guys! What’s the Best Thing You Ever Ate in Disney for Breakfast in your book? What morning meal has you dreaming of coming to the breakfast table miles away from the Happiest Place on Earth?

Chime in below in the comments. I can’t wait to hear your Best Things!

1. Vanessa says:

Hands down the Polynesian resort has the best breakfast in both Kona and Ohana! Love the tonga toast and pineapple macadamian nuts with Kona coffee at Kona. We also truly enjoy the whole character breakfast experience at Ohana! Love the pineapple bread and mini cinnamon rolls, along with the what we call “stitch” juice! So good!

2. Jennie says:

At the old bakery on Main Street they had this delightful ham egg and cheese crossaint that was just perfection! My brother, husband and I grabbed one and sat and enjoyed it just after the morning show as everyone else was rushing to the rides. It was so good and we made it a tradition! They served them at Kasey’s too, but alas, they have disappeared since Starbucks showed up. :(

3. Rebecca says:

The stuffed French toast at Cinderella’s Royal table BEFORE they changed it! My family & I went there a few years back and it was wonderful! I went back the next year anticipating the same greatness and I was extremely disappointed that it was different. The original was and still is the BEST Breakfast I have EVER ATE!

4. Stacy says:

Breakfast Sandwich
    Naan Bread with Scrambled Egg, Slab Bacon, and Cheese Sauce at the Landscape of Flavors in the AoA resort food court. I had never had naan bread before and before I left the resort I had that sandwich at least 4 times. The description doesn’t do it justice. The applewood smoked bacon, the generous portion of eggs and that sauce with fresh chives! I have actually made the sandwich at home but it just isn’t as good since my naan isn’t made fresh daily.

5. Leah says:

Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding at Sunshine Seasons!!!!!!!!!! Hands down.
    It’s not a day at Epcot with out this dish and the quite, futuristic music, the hot air ballons and waiting for our second round of Soarin’ with the fast passes we ran for at rope drop!

6. sarah says:

My family loves the pooh french toast at Crystal Palace. I didn’t even have it first but still ate 2 of them, while my husband…well we can’t count how many he had lol. I can say for sure that Crystal palace breakfast is the first restaurant in our ADR’s!

7. Janelle says:

Every trip has to include Mona Cafe Tonga Toast and Donaldson breakfast buffet at Tusker House. I stick to the African themed food. Melanie pap, glazed ham, spiced corn beef hash, beef bobotie quiche, yam casserole and potatoes.

8. Rosalie says:

I was very nervous about ordering the Lobster Crepes at Cinderella’s Royal Table, but it was delicious! Cream cheese, spinach, and lobster filling inside perfect crepes topped with more lobster and poached eggs… it was SO good!

9. Sharon R says:

I have a question about Kona Cafe. Our trip is this April, and my to-do list contains shooting over to Captain Cook’s to try Tonga Toast for the first time! I was planning to fit it in around 6:30 or 7 am, before heading to the Magic Kingdom for 9 am rope drop. Well, Captain Cook’s will be closed for refurbishment during our stay.
    So, is Kona Cafe a feasible substitute? We’ve never been there. I know it’s sit-down, but I really only want to try the Tonga Toast. And I guess the coffee. I saw the prices: $5.19 for Tonga Toast at Captain Cook’s, $12.99 at Kona!! What’s the difference, sides? I know that many places will let you un-combo a meal for cheaper. Would we be able to ask for just the toast at Kona, for less money? Also, I think it opens later, like 7:30. Is it even a possibility to fit this in before rope drop on a 9 am opening? I just want to try the Tonga Toast!!! :-)

10. Mandy says:

While I do love the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe … my absolute favorite breakfast is something else that comes from the Kona. The macadamia nut pineapple pancakes are AMAZING!!! Usually someone else will get the Tonga Toast and I’ll steal some of the strawberry compote from them and drizzle it over my pancakes. Seriously the best pancakes and best breakfast ever!!

11. Debbie P says:

My favorite thing for breakfast in all of WDW is the mealie pap from Tusker House at breakfast. I LOVE it. Top it off with a glass of jungle juice and you have the perfect breakfast.

12. Alysse says:

Dare I say I much prefer the pineapple macadamia pancakes at Kona Cafe over the Tonga Toast? Well, I do! I dream of them every morning.

13. Chris says:

For me everything is Great. But if I have to pick one, Funnel Cake Magic Kingdom. For my Wife it would be the Strawberry Soup & Bread Pudding @ The Grand Floridian!!!!

14. Colleen says:

Banana bread French toast with sweet potato hash. HEAVEN.

15. Colleen says:

Whoops! That French toast and hash was at Kouzzina.

16. kerri says:

The breakfast at Whispering Canyon is really good. I really enjoyed the waffles I had there.

17. Emma Collins says:

My favourite breakfast is the Big Kahuna at Kona Cafe. I have to have everything wheat free and I have to say Disney are fantastic about this, but Nowhere made me feel that it wasn’t a problem more than Kona the chefs were fantastic and did me a completely wheat free Big Kahuna including Mickey Waffles which were absolutely divine. They even let me have some strawberry compote to go with them as I couldn’t have the Tonga Toast which my husband ensures me was the best thing he had ever tasted (not sure if he was rubbing it inor not). On our last day I had the Samoan which oh my goodness why didn’t I have this before. it’s Kona’s take on eggs benedict but with heaps of pulled pork on top a egg and muffin it’s to die for. If you try one different restaurant on you trip I would definitely recommend here.

18. Christina says:

We cannot go to Disney without eating the “Big Kahuna” breakfast at Kona Cafe’. Mmmmm….pancakes with pineapple sauce and Macadamia nut butter along with plenty of other delicious stuff that is VERY easily shareable between two people. And, of course, the 100% Kona press pot coffee….pricey but worth EVERY single penny!!!

19. Matt says:

The Samoan at Kona
    (Eggs Benedict atop pulled pork hash)

20. Kelly says:

Pineapple Macadamia pancakes at Kona Cafe and the breakfast croissant sandwich at Main Street Bakery (which is now gone). Kona is one of the best values for breakfast in WDW. Much cheaper than a character breakfast but the food is awesome! We usually eat there when we are having an Epcot day and then just hop on the monorail for the trip over.

21. Heidi says:

Without a doubt it’s the Macadamia Nut Pancakes at Kona Café for me.

22. Marion says:

No Tonga toast for me. I wish the Boardwalk still had breakfast.

23. Mama Zee says:

Cheddar and bacon grits from the Waze. Amazing.

24. Krystal says:

Hands down my favorite is the creme brulee french toast at Pepper Market in Coronado Springs. I ate it almost every morning for ten days!

25. Meredith says:

This morning I had a Mickey waffle with bananas foster sauce at whispering canyon cafe! So amazing!

26. Carol says:

Tony’s Town Square used to have a beautiful breakfast. They started off with a basket of cinnamon rolls on the table and had the absolute best breakfast potatoes. The best part of breakfast at Tony’s was the experience. They would seat us in the glass room that faced the town square. We would watch the characters come in, the flag raising, a morning parade of the band coming out of the firehouse. There was so much to see during that meal. It is a shame they stopped it because it was always the first place we hit every time we went. It was a truly magical way to start the day.

27. Liza says:

The best breakfast I ever had at Disneyland was at Carnation cafe! The croissant Benedict breakfast. It had these amazing potatoes on the side. When they expanded the cafe they took this off the menu!

28. Abby says:

We love the breakfast buffet in Animal Kingdom with Safari Donald and Friends. Foo is great, atmosphere is awesome and the entertainment is fun.

29. tina says:

Without a doubt the best breakfast is Trails End breakfast buffet @ Ft Wilderness campground. The pulled pork eggs benedict & french toast bread pudding are FABULOUS. Cheapest buffet on property to boot, $14.95 per person if I remember correctly.

Hi Liza — Oscar’s potatoes are a legend. You can find the recipe here!

31. Catsy says:

The dearly departed French Toast Loaf at Main Street Bakery.

32. Michael says:

It’s still a newcomer, so many people probably haven’t tried it…but the Croissant Donut at the Refreshment Port in Epcot is an absolute must for us every time we visit. Whether it’s breakfast or maybe dessert after dinner, I can’t pass up those fluffy layers and cinnamon sweet coating.

33. Karla dejesus says:

I never had grits til a trip to wdw the cheesy grits are the best thing ever!! We need to have them in New England ..

34. Steven says:

The Big Kahuna at the Polynesian is by far the BEST breakfast in WDW. You get it all on this plate: french toast, pancakes, eggs, potatoes, and meat. Since my wife and I share this plate we also get a side of toast and grits.

35. Sara says:

Strawberry soup and lobster eggs Benedict at 1900 park fare! Also of course Mickey waffles everywhere, but especially with strawberry topping at sleepy hollow!