First Look! Pumpkin Spice Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich Debuts in Epcot’s France

Great news for those of us eagerly awaiting the pumpkin-y, spicy Fall treats at Disney World! This year, we’ll have a brand new snack to sample in Epcot’s France pavilion: the Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Sandwich at L’Artisan des Glaces!

Artisan des Glaces Pumpkin Spice Macaron Sandwich

l’Artisan des Glaces Pumpkin Spice Macaron Sandwich

This seasonal treat joins other must-try snacks at the little ice cream and sorbet shop in Epcot’s France pavilion at Walt Disney World, like the chocolate macaron ice cream sandwich, the ice cream martini, and the warm on the outside / cold on the inside pressed brioche ice cream sandwich.

Pumpkin Spice Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich

Pumpkin Spice Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich

The chefs at the pavilion have been hard at work perfecting their recipe for pumpkin spice ice cream, and they’ve finally gotten it right! The fresh, housemade ice cream can be a part of this intriguing macaron sandwich, sold by the scoop, or doused with a special caramel sauce and tucked inside one of those incredible brioche ice cream sandwiches.

Brioche Ice Cream Sandwich

Brioche Ice Cream Sandwich

This is the perfect way to enjoy Fall flavors and still beat the September and October heat in Orlando!

How would you take your Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream? Macaron sandwich, brioche sandwich, martini? Let us know in the comments below!

Comments

1. Wendy Snelgrove says

In general, which is recommended: the macaron ice cream sandwich or the brioche ice cream sandwich.

2. Jan says

I’m going to go on the record here and say I thought the brioche ice cream sandwich was weird. I was super excited about it, but I felt like the bread should have been sweeter or saltier, or maybe there should have been more sauce. It tasted like a literal ice cream sandwich… on bland white bread. I’d like to try the macaron, though!

3. Stephanie says

Since this is seasonal, how long will it be available for? We aren’t visiting until the first week in November and I REALLY want to try this!

4. Sarah says

I’m glad someone posted about brioche vs. macaron sandwich. I’ll be there next month, and I was seriously thinking about getting the brioche based on what I had read here previously- it always sounds amazing. Jan brought up the exact thing I was worried about. I think I’m going to switch to either the macaron sandwich or just try the ice cream as is.

Yummy! We are heading there for the beginning food and wine next weekend, and I have try these. I love pumpkin spice everything. :)

6. Jocelyn says

Just walking out of la cava…. Everything you said it was!! And going to run to France for this!!!! :) ( kids & hubby in tow)

7. Tina says

Sarah,

The Brioche Ice Cream Sandwiches are literally one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE things in all of World Showcase. I think your inkling to try them based on what you’ve read previously is right on the money. This is the first time I’ve seen any comment with any sort of negative connotation at all referring to these delicious treats. I promise you, you will not be disappointed! As far as The Macaron Sandwiches, I have to say, I was kind of less than impressed. Funny enough, I was actually the one who was so excited to try them based on what I’ve heard. I finally tried one last month, and I have to say, I just found them okay. In my opinion, they can’t even hold a candle to the Brioche Sandwich! And I CANNOT wait to get there next month to try the Pumpkin, as Pumpkin EVERYTHING is what I live for! haha Seriously, fall is my favorite time of year in large part to Pumpkin Spice :). Anyways, of course to each their own. Just thought I’d throw in my two cents.

8. Kevin says

I’ve made ice-cream macaroon sandwiches at home and they are great. I don’t have a press for the brioche sandwiches so I chose that at the park. Both were tasty in different ways.

I tried the broche partly because it sounded odd – ice cream on “regular” bread. But my daughter and I give it a big thumbs up!

9. Jocelyn says

So we never made it yesterday but made it a priority today- O. M. G. DE-liciousness! I love pumpkin and the texture of the macaron made it over-the-top yummy!! I told them if be back for more….. And sure enough, grabbed another on our way out tonight! It’s a great size too- not too big to put you over the edge, but enough to satisfy you. Perhaps they take the time it takes to melt into consideration ;).

10. Laura jones says

I hope this is still there the first week in November! Anyone know how long they will have these?

11. Lora says

They’ll be availible until thanksgiving! Yes they use almond flour so take caution if you have a nut allergy and remember when in doubt always ask about the ingredients!

Karen — I checked with L’Artisan des Glaces via Twitter and they said they were still determining what their next Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich would be. We’ll let you know as soon as we do. And if it’s not the Pumpkin, I bet it will be something every bit as delicious! :-D